• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had an odd patient who whipped out her phone to record me before pulling out her list of questions. First time ever. I asked if she was video recording my answers and she said she was. I told her that on private property, she needed permission to record, but I was fine with it. I’ve nothing to hide in my professional life. Frankly, in a lawsuit any video would probably help me. I was just taken aback. I don’t particularly like it, but can’t honestly think of a single good reason why I should raise a stink.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I had an odd patient who whipped out her phone to record me before pulling out her list of questions. First time ever. I asked if she was video recording my answers and she said she was. I told her that on private property, she needed permission to record, but I was fine with it. I’ve nothing to hide in my professional life. Frankly, in a lawsuit any video would probably help me. I was just taken aback. I don’t particularly like it, but can’t honestly think of a single good reason why I should raise a stink.
    Everyone takes it differently. I had a camera(friendly) shoved in my face for an impromptu interview. When it was over, I was embarrassed by something I said, thinking "I can't believe I just said that...", and that is why I am opposed, for the most part, of strangers shoving a camera and mic in my face. Some people will act out of the ordinary. I see them as an ambush.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Everyone takes it differently. I had a camera(friendly) shoved in my face for an impromptu interview. When it was over, I was embarrassed by something I, said thinking "I can't believe I just said that...", and that is why I am opposed, for the most part, of strangers shoving a camera and mic in my face. Some people will act out of the ordinary. I see them as an ambush.
    Like I said…I didn’t like it, and my knee jerk mental reaction was “oh, hell no”. Then I thought for a moment, being an advocate of filming LEO in public. I’m essentially being paid by this person to give advice, make mutually acceptable decisions on what actions to take when there is a problem. To be a good doc, I need to be above reproach when I interact with patients. Not all jobs are like that. Public employees acting in public are the most wide open to it. I work for a private organization, and technically I am paying them a management fee. I get a breakdown of my part of the expenses, including rent. I can forbid recording. I won’t.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Years ago, I was presenting at a convention and the people that hired me asked if they could video my presentation, I said yes. A fellow presenter said not to let them as the hook you up an hour or so before the presentation and while waiting if you said anything like " oh look at that hottie" or that guy is a douche" you could lose your speaking engagements in the future. I do not like being filmed.

NOBODY

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Years ago, I was presenting at a convention and the people that hired me asked if they could video my presentation, I said yes. A fellow presenter said not to let them as the hook you up an hour or so before the presentation and while waiting if you said anything like " oh look at that hottie" or that guy is a douche" you could lose your speaking engagements in the future. I do not like being filmed.

NOBODY
    To the best of my knowledge, you are a professional entertainer and should be very comfortable before a crowd, to include being filmed. That's understandable. I am not defending the person in your post when I say, there is a big difference between a professional speakers and people who are not. Not everyone is comfortable being under a spotlight. This is fundamental to my argument.

Think "deer in the headlights". I'm not trying to change your mind or attitude. I'm only offering a different point of view.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    To the best of my knowledge, you are a professional entertainer and should be very comfortable before a crowd, to include being filmed. That's understandable. I am not defending the person in your post when I say, there is a big difference between a professional speakers and people who are not. Not everyone is comfortable being under a spotlight. This is fundamental to my argument.

Think "deer in the headlights". I'm not trying to change your mind or attitude. I'm only offering a different point of view.
    I am very comfortable performing, If I can brag, I am very good at what I do. That Said, I hate public speaking, very different than performing and do not like being photographed doing it. I really don't like being video recorded while public speaking.

Just because I deal with the public and am in the spotlight does not mean I have to like all aspects of it. I doubt there are many that like every aspect of their job.

Nobody

Last edited:

Burtg

Aug 15, 2023
    Joppa
    Lol he “picked on” the cops ?

You people. Smh

“Ignorance of the law is no excuse “. For the little people anyway ?

Maybe 99 percent of the laws should be repealed and the rest simplified ?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I can understand that. She's probably gotten home from Doctors visits before and someone asked "What did he say about......?" And she couldn't remember if you told her to take 1 pill orally in the morning, 2 at night or 6 pills 4 times a day rectally. Sometimes it's good to go back to the film

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I can understand that. She's probably gotten home from Doctors visits before and someone asked "What did he say about......?" And she couldn't remember if you told her to take 1 pill orally in the morning, 2 at night or 6 pills 4 times a day rectally. Sometimes it's good to go back to the film
    Exactly. :lol2:

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Totally! I need to record everything I'm told(by anyone). That's why I'm a huge fan of email and text. Not even kidding.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Sean is very busy, here he is in Dalton IL at a library, the cops once again handle it 99% good. With the exception of the first officer saying " he can film as long as you dont have it posted that he cant" The Library staff is not happy.

NOBODY

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Modern version of taking notes .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom