What's the dirtiest gun you've ever come across?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I experimented with my 22L ultrasonic cleaner. A bud had a horrible 1911 that really needed some love. I bagged the whole gun in a heavy-duty freezer bag with a solution of ammonia, dawn and dish washer booster. Ran it for 30 minutes in in the ultrasonic filled with water. It took off all the rust and crud down to clean metal. Then I dumped the bad which looked like black charcoal. Then to get all the water and cleaner from the gun I filled another bag with Kerosene and light motor oil at 50/50. I ran it for 30 minutes and the rest of the crud came off and oiled the gun up. He took it to the range, and he said the 1911 shot like new. In the past I have dropped my pistols in a solution of kerosene and motor oil they all have come out clean. I usually remove the grips whin I do this even do it with my .500 BFR revolver. Makes cleaning them almost fun.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Dad's nylon 66. Growing up, my dad was the kind of gun owner thar scrubbed the bore clean after every shooting trip, but didn't touch the action. I don't think the inside of that gun got touched until alucard stripped it and cleaned it a couple years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom