• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

So we here in Maryland, must wait until a particular handgun is 'approved' and gets put on the Handgun Roster. The good news is that most are approved, we are generally just a few months behind the rest of the country.

If you are thinking of purchasing a handgun, and aren't sure if it's 'approved' yet, best to check here first.

(if this is a repeat post please say the word, I'll just delete it; I stumbled across it today quite by accident)

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    1260288639.jpg

I keep waiting, you know someone has submitted it somewhere. Though I wish they would make one with just a hair longer barrel and a front handrest. (but not a foregrip to make it an regulated)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wait, I just checked several handguns, it appears something is wrong with that site. I'm not trusting it.

For example, Ruger isn't even listed and I know for a fact that their most popular two revolvers GP100 and SP101 are good to go.

What are you folks finding/thinking?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Wait, I just checked several handguns, it appears something is wrong with that site. I'm not trusting it.

For example, Ruger isn't even listed and I know for a fact that their most popular two revolvers GP100 and SP101 are good to go.

What are you folks finding/thinking?

The company name is Sturm, Ruger & Company. Try that.

Jim

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    1260288639.jpg

I keep waiting, you know someone has submitted it somewhere. Though I wish they would make one with just a hair longer barrel and a front handrest. (but not a foregrip to make it an regulated)

A foregrip wouldn't make it regulated, it might change it's status to an AOW however.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    This also only applies to handguns produced after a certain year correct?

Correct, the handgun list is for handguns made after 1/1/1985.

Of course, I want someone from the state to tell me what makes a handgun made on 12/31/1984 any different from one made on 1/1/1985? Assuming same and model and configuration.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If you're wondering why Maryland gun laws are so idiotic, it's because, well.... they were written by idiots.

Try asking an anti, for example, why there is a "fired shell casing" requirement for... revolvers. They make Kelly Bundy look like Mensa material, trying to respond to that one.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    If you're wondering why Maryland gun laws are so idiotic, it's because, well.... they were written by idiots.

Try asking an anti, for example, why there is a "fired shell casing" requirement for... revolvers. They make Kelly Bundy look like Mensa material, trying to respond to that one.

the guy who did my ffl transfer told me that maryland spends.. 5 or 50 million a year on that program, I forget which, but they've never been able to use it to catch someone. lol.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The way I figure, the handgun roster just allows MD to unofficially add guns to the list of assault pistols without having to change the legislation every time a company comes out with something "scary."

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The way I figure, the handgun roster just allows MD to unofficially add guns to the list of assault pistols without having to change the legislation every time a company comes out with something "scary."

Hate to point this out, but the board approved the GSG-5P pistol, the S&W MP-22P pistol and the SIG 556 pistol. They also approved another one or two 5.56 pistols as well.

Also, homemade AR and AK pistols are not covered by the handgun board laws.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Hate to point this out, but the board approved the GSG-5P pistol, the S&W MP-22P pistol and the SIG 556 pistol. They also approved another one or two 5.56 pistols as well.

Also, homemade AR and AK pistols are not covered by the handgun board laws.

I didn't say they had a particular method to their madness. Sigh.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Maryland gun laws are very interesting. Some very good/reasonable policies actually. We just have a major sticking point with there not being a legal definition of 'good and substantial', and a few politicians who are relentlessly working against common sense.

Why have an approved gun list at all?

Oh well, we do, and at least most get approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom