• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    I signed up to take it ( I do not need it since my hunters card is all I need to get handguns) I actually fell asleep will looking at it. It timed out and I had to start over ( and you know I did not start over) and you diffidently can not fast forward or skip any section. There are also section where it ask you to look at item (with mouse) I guess to make sure you are actually watching.

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    Am I the only one who thinks this makes a stupid requirement even stupider? Not that I have a problem with weakening stupid regulations, but with the video they could at least confirm that you were the one watching. With this, people could have their kid/significant other/dog sitting there.

If the people who put the "safety course" requirement in place really cared about teaching people about safe gun handling, they could have used the template from one of the countless handgun safety courses that are already out there and had a real person teach it.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Am I the only one who thinks this makes a stupid requirement even stupider? Not that I have a problem with weakening stupid regulations, but with the video they could at least confirm that you were the one watching. With this, people could have their kid/significant other/dog sitting there.

If the people who put the "safety course" requirement in place really cared about teaching people about safe gun handling, they could have used the template from one of the countless handgun safety courses that are already out there and had a real person teach it.

I view this as a quiet validation that the requirement was (is) stupid.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind

You are so right. It just makes a useless course more useless. I'm just happy for the people who may have trouble getting to a course. At least now they can take it whenever they choose to.:thumbsup:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I took the course at 11 at night or so the other week and the guy at Ken's Outdoors told me he hadn't even heard of the online class and that my piece of paper I printed and signed was the first he had seen.

I too think it is a silly regulation, but I didn't mind the online course, I already knew most of the info, but gave me something to do when I was bored LOL

What I think stinks is having to buy that interbore lock, an added cost.

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    I was all set to take the course but honorably discharged vets are exempt..show the DD214, I suppose, in lieu of the Maryland Handgun Safety Course completion certificate.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    I was all set to take the course but honorably discharged vets are exempt..show the DD214, I suppose, in lieu of the Maryland Handgun Safety Course completion certificate.

Yep, I've made a lot of copies of my DD214. :thumbsup:

1911fast-1.gif

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    will they send the certifacate in the mail?

I think you print it up or something, not sure.....but you won't have to worry about that for a few years when you become twenty one though ;)

If you have passed the hunter safety course, and if you served in the military I don't think you have to watch the video to purchase a regulated firearm in MD.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    will they send the certifacate in the mail?

You get a wonderful PDF file - suitable for printing. :D

Actually you have to print it out and send in part of it with your dated John Hancock. And it includes two card size cutouts to sign for presenting upon purchase with the handy directions of "save this card in your wallet" and "save this card as a back-up copy".
    I probably should have printed mine out on cardstock, but I used plain paper and just plan on laminating it. I have the pdf saved so I can always print out another copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom