Whats your surplus ammo stockpile status?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Anyone who posts about his or her guns and ammo in this forum or anywhere on the internet will have no reason to complain when sometime in the future a federal, state, or local law enforcement agent shows up at the door seeking to relieve you of said items, or a not-so-honest lurker on this forum sees your posts or searches prior posts for the information in order to relieve you of said items. Not paranoia, just being smart. (This is not legal advice.)
    This has been my position since I joined this forum.....

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I would like enough to build a tactical igloo out of spam cans.

I cannot even make a tactical dog house at this point. :shrug:

If someone is clever enough to find my identity, house, and break in to haul out some heavy 7.62x54r more power to them. It is not worth their effort. Of course anyone with that much initiative already has a job. The tin foil is thick in this thread.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    1 just like my idol.

barney_fife.jpg

You beat me to it.:lol:

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Anyone who posts about his or her guns and ammo in this forum or anywhere on the internet will have no reason to complain when sometime in the future a federal, state, or local law enforcement agent shows up at the door seeking to relieve you of said items, or a not-so-honest lurker on this forum sees your posts or searches prior posts for the information in order to relieve you of said items. Not paranoia, just being smart. (This is not legal advice.)

Better yet, let's not drive around in our nice cars anywhere, lest criminals who are everywhere see what we drive and follow us home to steal our vehicles. And don't talk to your coworkers/boss about motorcycles, golf, or any other hobby/sport, or they'll think you're making too much money and not working hard enough and you'll get fired; And don't get on the Facebooks or you'll get your identity stolen; And don't buy stuff on the internetz or the state is gonna come get ya for not paying state sales tax...:rolleyes:

If you're scared/worried about someone finding out about the ammunition/firearms you own and taking them, maybe you have a reason (not tin-foil hat related) for it. Sheesh!

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    Better yet, let's not drive around in our nice cars anywhere, lest criminals who are everywhere see what we drive and follow us home to steal our vehicles. And don't talk to your coworkers/boss about motorcycles, golf, or any other hobby/sport, or they'll think you're making too much money and not working hard enough and you'll get fired; And don't get on the Facebooks or you'll get your identity stolen; And don't buy stuff on the internetz or the state is gonna come get ya for not paying state sales tax...:rolleyes:

If you're scared/worried about someone finding out about the ammunition/firearms you own and taking them, maybe you have a reason (not tin-foil hat related) for it. Sheesh!

Couldnt have said it any better. :thumbsup:

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    If chit hits the fan you only need a weapon good enough to get you a better one. Invaders will have ammo on them that will work in their weapon too. I don't think they will have 8mm or 7.62x54r type weapons. If they have 223 we will all be very pissed:)

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Surplus ammo is almost as much fun to collect as the firearms. I like the idea that the ammo was paid for by a communist government and taxpaying citizens preparing a stockpile to fight US.

In example, a can of 7.62x54R is $80. Considering it had to be stored for decades and then shipped to US, the commies must be selling to capitalists at an overall loss. Our worst cold war enemies subsidize my range ammo.:)

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    You know you have too much when you local fire fighter says if you house cought fire he would not come.

And I don't have more then 10000 rounds.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've got four cans full of 5.56, one can of .40, one can of 10mm, and two cans of 6.8. There are two cans of miscellaneous rounds (.45 Colt, .38 Special, 32-20), so a grand total of ten ammo cans full of ammo. I ran out of cans, so I have a few hundred rounds in regular boxen :o

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom