• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks, never heard of a .380+p before.

Got it, more or better powder in a standard .380. Does this approach a 9mm in performance?

Any specs? How does it stack up to a 9mm or 38super or a 9mm+p?

Just curious. Because if they can make a .380 with nearly the same terminal velocity as a 9mm, that's something special, especially if it's a lot smaller than a typical 9mm.

Medic49

Jul 11, 2010
    No, it's not much smaller than the Thunder .380 (my wife's). The grips are thinner, the barrel is slightly shorter, and the edges are smoothed out. The tail is bobbed and the sights shaved, but the overall profile isn't much smaller than the Thunder. Strangely though, the CC has one more round capacity.

MH

Yup, what he said. I know there's not a huge difference but it's a little smaller and more smoothed out. I hate the baggy or tall shirts needed for CCW so imprint is a bit more of a concern for me as I tend to not wear those shirts if I can get away with it. One more round would be nice too....

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    I prefer the LCP since I've found no .380 is that much fun to shoot. It's less clunky than most, including the Bersa, and actually fits my hand better.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    If anyone is considering a .380, size does matter. Clearly the Ruger LCP has the advantage.

Advantage as in size and concealability, yes. The extra barrel length in the Bersa will change the ballistics of the .380 quite favorably though.

MH

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    I love my Bersa 380 Thunder. Fired 1000 rounds in the past nine years. I dont jave a permit to carry pistols around, but the safety mechanicsm is really impressive on the Bersa allowing you to chamber a round with the safety blocking the hammer. The same safety is on the 380CC. You can disengage it if you want. For the money Bersa is nice. I am sure the Ruger is good enough if you have a license to pack a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom