Best gun range in Baltimore County and Anne Arundel county?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I might need to look in to AGC. I would like to shoot at a longer range, and hopefully convince my wife to do the same.

check out the AGC website calendar, several of the clubs specialize in High power shooting. There are shoots that are open to the public that you could participate in on the 200 yard range

http://associatedgunclubs.org/

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Freestate is my favorite indoor range by far. I want to find a nice outdoor range with some real distance now that its getting warmer. Im getting a little bored of firing a ar15 at 25 yard targets

Try the AGC. There are 29 clubs that meet there. I am sure you can find one that meets your shooting needs!

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Wow, that's kind of a drive. No On Target for you?

I'm a member at Freestate as well, and I was lucky enough that they built the range just 10 miles from me. No more trips to Hap Baker anymore.

This is late, but On Target is about 20 mins and Freestate is 30 mins. Not too much of a difference. I work in Laurel and do go to On Target sometimes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Great thread! I have to check out AGC... I belong to Twelfth Precinct, but I need another spot where I can stretch out a rifle, sounds like the ticket! :thumbsup:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Great thread! I have to check out AGC... I belong to Twelfth Precinct, but I need another spot where I can stretch out a rifle, sounds like the ticket! :thumbsup:

I do believe your club is an associated club of the AGC. I just looked at the AGC web site and your club is listed. Let me suggest you contact your club and ask them to bring you out to the AGC for the mandatory Range Safety Orientation. This orientation is the responsibility of the club. Once you get your orientation affidavit bring it along with your club membership card and a photo ID and you can buy your AGC range badge.

Hope to see you at the range

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I do believe your club is an associated club of the AGC. I just looked at the AGC web site and your club is listed. Let me suggest you contact your club and ask them to bring you out to the AGC for the mandatory Range Safety Orientation. This orientation is the responsibility of the club. Once you get your orientation affidavit bring it along with your club membership card and a photo ID and you can buy your AGC range badge.

Hope to see you at the range
    Thanks for clearing that up Fish... I looked all over the AGC site and couldn't really make heads or tails of exactly how that works (the RSO and affidavit), now it's clear! I'll talk to the club and see how I have to work that out, should be no problem.

I am looking for an outdoor range (don't really like shooting indoors) where I can shoot either pistol or rifle and that has at least a 100 and 200yd range for rifle. I've heard good things about AGC, just never really looked into it..

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Thanks for clearing that up Fish... I looked all over the AGC site and couldn't really make heads or tails of exactly how that works (the RSO and affidavit), now it's clear! I'll talk to the club and see how I have to work that out, should be no problem.

I am looking for an outdoor range (don't really like shooting indoors) where I can shoot either pistol or rifle and that has at least a 100 and 200yd range for rifle. I've heard good things about AGC, just never really looked into it..

If you cannot find anyone in your club to do the range orientation, let me know. I can do it for you.

I am sure the AGC RSOs would not mind. The important thing is to complete the orientation and be familiar with the AGC range rules. As I have said before, we want all of the AGC members to be safe and enjoy the facilities, no matter what club they belong to!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you cannot find anyone in your club to do the range orientation, let me know. I can do it for you.

I am sure the AGC RSOs would not mind. The important thing is to complete the orientation and be familiar with the AGC range rules. As I have said before, we want all of the AGC members to be safe and enjoy the facilities, no matter what club they belong to!
    Thanks Michael, I'll keep that in mind if I have any problems.. I will check with my club in the next week or so to see if I can setup an orientation. They are a pretty active bunch of pistol and air rifle shooters down there, I'm sure some of the pistoleers go to AGC regularly.. :thumbsup:

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I did my orientation this week and looking forward to registering this weekend and finally being able to shoot my riffle further than 50 yards

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak

I would suggest taking this higher then RSO's to make sure everyone is on board.

If the powers to be give the thumbs up, Both your club and the AGC, your more then welcome to tag along on one of my monthly orientations. Although they start early, 0745hrs and ends with an 50 question written exam. It is not graded but is more to talk about things that where missed during our walk.

It is very important that your club does your walk through, but some of the smaller clubs ask for help from the bigger clubs.

The AGC is one big family of shooters and we try to help each other,

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I would suggest taking this higher then RSO's to make sure everyone is on board.

If the powers to be give the thumbs up, Both your club and the AGC, your more then welcome to tag along on one of my monthly orientations. Although they start early, 0745hrs and ends with an 50 question written exam. It is not graded but is more to talk about things that where missed during our walk.

It is very important that your club does your walk through, but some of the smaller clubs ask for help from the bigger clubs.

The AGC is one big family of shooters and we try to help each other,
    I understand... don't want to circumvent the process in any way. I know it is all about the safety of the shooters and I have a great respect for that. I also know from experience that not all ranges are quite the same and all have some rules that apply to that particular range, so I need to learn em the proper way.. :thumbsup:

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    For northern bmore area, if all you want to shoot are handguns, Continental in Timonium. If you have rifles and aren't close to an outdoor range (Hap Baker or AGC), Freestate. This is for range only, and not talking about storefront. you should always have your own ammo, eyes and ears, and targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom