• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I own a quad rail from them and I know how much that cost. Now as far as that rifle is concerned you may need this.

vaseline.jpg

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Interesting... Looks like it's built on an AR lower, be cool if they would build that upper in 5.56 also so you could shoot cheaper ammo, considering I've never even heard of 6x35 or whatever they said it was...

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I shot one of the prototypes of this rifle two years ago at the NDIA Small Arms Symposium. The round is proprietary and was developed by Hornady for KAC. KAC claims 5.56 ballistics out to 300m which is questionable. I have never seen it for sale commercially. The gun itself was developed to meet a military PDW requirement. It is very controllable in full-auto fire with very little muzzle climb. Another interesting feature that you don't see in the pictures is the dual gas piston/op rod operating system. I'd like to see their idea of dimpled barrels find its way into the AR marketplace.
    FYI- just because you see it on KAC website does not mean it will be available for civilian sales....especially this particular gun.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I shot one of the prototypes of this rifle two years ago at the NDIA Small Arms Symposium. The round is proprietary and was developed by Hornady for KAC. KAC claims 5.56 ballistics out to 300m which is questionable. I have never seen it for sale commercially. The gun itself was developed to meet a military PDW requirement. It is very controllable in full-auto fire with very little muzzle climb. Another interesting feature that you don't see in the pictures is the dual gas piston/op rod operating system. I'd like to see their idea of dimpled barrels find its way into the AR marketplace.
    FYI- just because you see it on KAC website does not mean it will be available for civilian sales....especially this particular gun.

That's why I'd just like one of those uppers in 5.56 available :D

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Nothing as far as I can tell. I'm not an advocate for either. I'd rather have a 16" .308 assault rifle for the purpose this PDW is being billed for, and if that was found to be too cumbersome, I'd grab a UMP, but I can't see needing smaller than a 16" carbine.

Feb 19, 2011
    re:

I personally liked having an mp7 (shorter) with collapsible stock as a PDW, but I don't normally need a PDW anyway as a 16" is usually what i carry anyway...and i don't normally roll with air or mech/armored crews. Light/airborne infantry all the way :)

Feb 19, 2011
    Nothing as far as I can tell. I'm not an advocate for either. I'd rather have a 16" .308 assault rifle for the purpose this PDW is being billed for, and if that was found to be too cumbersome, I'd grab a UMP, but I can't see needing smaller than a 16" carbine.

Am with you on the .308 Ar though :)

cobracutter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2009
    does anyone know how much Knights Armament's PDW is goin for?

Here is their website: http://www.knightarmco.com/images/pdw1.html

Thanks!

$0. We were trying to talk kevB( works for KAC) over at M4carbine to talk with management about bringing this to market a year ago. There is a very very long thread over there on it. Basically It wont be made unless a large gov contract is sold. Its a great idea and platform. If they could keep the costs low and find a suitable manufacture for ammo that is less than $1/rd , then it would be a homerun. Being KAC they can do nothing economical and will charge above and beyond reasonable prices.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I forgot about this thread. I shot the gun since then. I really liked it, but I think I'd have liked an SBR in 5.56 just as much.

The magazines were finicky. I had to ensure each round was flush to the back or it wouldn't feed.

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    I called KAC last year to see if it would be available to civvies. It's SBR and the 6mm round is specifically designed to penetrate kevlar vests. We'll never see one at a Maryland range. As I recall, they were over $3K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom