• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    I need to know this also. I had LiveScan fingerprinting done yesterday, do I only pay $75 application fee, or do I still have to pay $112.25? Does the LiveScan fee always include the $37.25 background check fee?
    From the application:
    An application fee of $75.00 is required for each initial application. A separate fee of $37.25 is required to cover the cost of processing fingerprint cards. The fees are non-refundable. If electronic fingerprints are obtained/submitted for the application, the fingerprint fee is paid directly to the private provider taking the electronic fingerprints. DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT TO THE STATE POLICE FOR FINGERPRINTS IF THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN AND SUBMITTED BY WAY OF AN AUTHORIZED PRIVATE PROVIDER OR THE MARYLAND MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION.

SlotMachine

Feb 6, 2012
    Seven Valleys, PA
    Reposting since I didn't get an answer yet,

Question - On page 7 of the application, question 10. I work for a community college and as far as i know they dont have an agency license number relating to this application. What do I fill out here, do I just put the college name and address and leave license # blank?

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Do your references have to be MD residents? I can come up with three in-state, but I've got one who just moved to Ohio that I'd like to include as something of a moral victory.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    I agree, they switch up terms in there somewhere. But I am pretty sure the 70-something dollars I paid for livescan BETTER include more than a guy taking a Polaroid of me, and holding my hand over a scanner.
    I'm pretty sure the "fingerprint fee" includes the background check

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    It doesn't say "fingerprint fee" in the description of what to pay. It calls it a "background check". Is that the same thing?

this is from the application
    NOTE: IF Live Scan used, applicants pay to the State Police an application fee only

So if you used Live Scan then only pay the $75 application fee

don't forget this...
    Applicants electing to use Live Scan Technology will be required to obtain a receipt provided by the electronic fingerprint processing center and submit it along with this application.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Reposting since I didn't get an answer yet,

Question - On page 7 of the application, question 10. I work for a community college and as far as i know they dont have an agency license number relating to this application. What do I fill out here, do I just put the college name and address and leave license # blank?

No need to fill out this section. That is if you own the buisness that needs employee's to CCW.
    your emloyer info from the last 5 years will go on attached sheet (see question 25 on app.)

This guide from MSI really helps!!! http://marylandshallissue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MSI_APPLICATION_GUIDE.pdf

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    Here is a question for you all. Since this ruling was made a few days ago, does this mean they will now issue ccw permits without all the BS requirements of years past ? Has anyone applied yet and got a response

thanks

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Here is a question for you all. Since this ruling was made a few days ago, does this mean they will now issue ccw permits without all the BS requirements of years past ? Has anyone applied yet and got a response

thanks

Yes they should issue them without G&S reasons. No one will know for months. The process of background checks and all takes a lot of time. then if they get a "stay" or win an appeal in that time they will all be denied again. Pretty much if you apply now you have a 50/50 shot at getting it.

Jul 22, 2011
    I recently received my MD Handgun Permit. For what it's worth, I submitted 2"x2" photos, and they were used for the permit. I also submitted all pages of the application, even the ones that did not apply to me. One of my references was a VA resident, but works in MD. I had my fingerprints done the old fashioned way, but the trooper who did them forgot to sign the cards. My application was returned to me, and I had to be fingprinted again. With the Livescan, I assume this can be avoided. However, make sure you are not missing anything before you submit your application.

As far as I know, MSP has 90 days to approve or disapprove your application. After resubmitting my application with the signed fingerprint cards, it took almost that long. I was contacted by a trooper to schedule an interview about a month after my application was received. He had me call my references during the interview to help speed up the process. He had to speak to each of them before he completed a report to send to headquarters. Headquarters made the final decision. I then received a letter outling the laws/regulations of the permit, along with my permit. Under the current law, I will have to renew in two years, and complete the entire process again.

I hope that helps some of you with your applications. Good luck.

-Mark

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    How much are they charging for the livescan at MD fingerprinting? Does the fee cover just the finger printing? Or also the photos? Do they also include the notary?

Sorry for the questions. Getting my app together today. Plan on visiting Glen Burnie on Monday to do the live scan

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Here is a question for you all. Since this ruling was made a few days ago, does this mean they will now issue ccw permits without all the BS requirements of years past

No one on this earth knows exactly what will happen. This is unchartered territory for MD. NO ONE knows. It's a crap shoot.

? Has anyone applied yet and got a response
    Dude...it's been less than 4 days.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I was going to post two questions that I had for the Livescan (specifically at the marylandfingerprint.com at Empire Towers in Glen Burnie).
    However since I left a voicemail with them and got the answers I will post my questions and the answers that I got.

1. Do you do traditional Black Ink fingerprint cards?
    A. Yes. For a small fee, he did not know off the top of his head.
    2. Can the Livescan/background check be accessed by more that one party?
    A. One Livescan can only be accessed for the purpose of the scan.

Reason I was asking the questions above.
    I was originally planning on getting Black Ink fingerprints at the MSP barracks "R"(Golden Ring) this morning during their fingerprint hours for my FL application. This was before all this Woollard stuff hit the fan. However I went in this morning little after 9am, and I was #9 on the list....and not a single person was called in the 15mins I sat around. So I decided my time if worth money.
    Considering the current statte of things with the MD permits, I am thinking what the hell go for it. So am looking to take care of FL fingerprint cards, and Livescan for MD tommorow morning, and hopefully it will not be too much of a hassle. By what people are posting it does not appear to be.

Freedom

Aug 15, 2011
    I was going to post two questions that I had for the Livescan (specifically at the marylandfingerprint.com at Empire Towers in Glen Burnie).
    However since I left a voicemail with them and got the answers I will post my questions and the answers that I got.

1. Do you do traditional Black Ink fingerprint cards?
    A. Yes. For a small fee, he did not know off the top of his head.
    2. Can the Livescan/background check be accessed by more that one party?
    A. One Livescan can only be accessed for the purpose of the scan.

Reason I was asking the questions above.
    I was originally planning on getting Black Ink fingerprints at the MSP barracks "R"(Golden Ring) this morning during their fingerprint hours for my FL application. This was before all this Woollard stuff hit the fan. However I went in this morning little after 9am, and I was #9 on the list....and not a single person was called in the 15mins I sat around. So I decided my time if worth money.
    Considering the current statte of things with the MD permits, I am thinking what the hell go for it. So am looking to take care of FL fingerprint cards, and Livescan for MD tommorow morning, and hopefully it will not be too much of a hassle. By what people are posting it does not appear to be.

The printed set is an extra $10.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Is one able to apply for MD CCW if one is a WV resident, but lives in MD part time (has a home here too)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom