• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's to make the process and expense so prohibitive as to make it unpalateable to the average citizen.
    Yes. It is a complete pain in the ass. Livescan makes it easier. When I went through it with standard prints, it was a day off work......

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    My problem with this is it says you must have documented incidents that you have been threatened and such or it is not valid. I am sure next to none of us have this. I would hate to waist a money for nothing. Any other info i may have over looked on this?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    My problem with this is it says you must have documented incidents that you have been threatened and such or it is not valid. I am sure next to none of us have this. I would hate to waist a money for nothing. Any other info i may have over looked on this?

Good and Substantial is unconstitutional per Judge Legg.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    So technically anyone could get it now? is that basically what your saying? I am sorry i missed a bit of information lately trying to catch up :/

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Which selection is to be used on the Livescan web site to start the registration process? Is it the "Hundgun Licensing" (sic) link?

Do I also understand that you walk ou of that facility with a fully prepared CCW form (in addition to the photos and fingerprints being taken)?

-tnx,

Jeff

conficere

Apr 7, 2011
    I called WalGreen's and asked the guy specifically for 1.5x1.5 with white background and he said yes they can do it $9 for 2 prints. I scheduled my appointment with the MVA in Bel Air, their booked all this week gee I wonder why, so I'll be there Monday for my prints and background check.

Well I contacted my local WalGreen's and the guy told me they couldn't print them that small.

My Guess is they just don't know what they are doing here on the shore..

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I'm also having a hard time finding someone to print the 1.5 x 1.5 photo. CVS told me yes and it ended up being a 2 X 2. It's too big to trim.

I went to Walgreen's they could only do 2x2. then I went to right aid again only 2x2, so I asked the right aid guy to back up a little more when he takes the photo and I ended up cutting them down to 1.5x1.5 myself they turned out fine. its a shame they have to be a PITA

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I've done all my own photos for NFA paperwork. It's very simple if you have a digital camera. Just print them on photo paper and cut them down.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    for those doing livescan, did you need an agency name and authorization number? my wife deals w/this all the time and suggested I'd need it. I can't see anywhere that anyone else had this experience so i thought i'd ask.

edit: also, did anyone contact CJIS before doing their livescans? another point brought up by the wife...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    They are normally 2x2, I will probably just hook up the digital camera to do mine, I'm sure even basic software will have a way to print the 1.5"

PhotoShop is simple to resize, just open your photo, choose "Print/Preview" then set the size. You'll be able to get close enough to do a final sizing with sissors.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    Photo Size

Read the application again. I do believe it says that it must be 2X2 or smaller. I am out to dinner I can't check it right now.

There are two mentions of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" - one instruction set and the actual application.
    One instruction page on the MDSP website does say 2" x 2", but I chose to use the dimensions on the actual page 7 of the application that is mailed to the MDSP, which is the 1 1/2" size.

Take your photo with a digital camera, paste it into a Word table with a cell size of exactly 1.5 x 1.5 then print & trim to size.

The application says "Can be computer generated"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom