• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Does MSP need the actual firearm for roster approval?

For first-time submissions, yes. For model variants and additional calibers of what's already on the roster, generally no, just a completed form.

Ms. Jenkins is helpful, polite, and quick to respond if you have questions. I've spoken to her on the phone a few times and she's a hoot. Big thumbs up to her.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Is the "NAA mini folder .22 magnum" on the approved handgun list? I see the NNA .22 magnum on the list but it has 1860 "The Earl" 1860-4 model and model number listed with it.

I believe it should be ok and might not need to be added because if the firearm is of the same caliber/model except for the folder part...

I am not positive on that...so someone might chime in and correct me...

Though from my recent experience with Ms. Jenkins it has been a individual submission per Model...

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Talked to Ms Jenkins and a few of my submissions are going to be tabled due inability to get a Specimen for the review board, specifically the ATI FXH45 and the SAR ARms...

She did mention to me about someone put in a submission on a CANIK TP9 V2 vs the SA SFx Models...to note if the models to be added had any significant changes from what was already on the Roster...it was NOT noted on the submission and cuase some confusion...

And I just found out that there HAS to be a specimen to be examined by the Board or it will NOT Be added to the Roster "If it is a New Submission..."

Something I was unaware of...

I am contacting the Vendor/Distributors/Manufacturers about sending specimens to the next board...I will keep you posted.

KRISS, SAR ARMS/Sarsilmaz and ATI...

Last edited:

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    OK, so if next "update" is scheduled for 9-16, if a gun is approved, how long before it shows up on list? Wanted to get a SW shield 45, its not on list, I am told by a source I trust, it wont be avail until November, another told me LIST would be updated 9-16, so the shield would be avail then.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    OK, so if next "update" is scheduled for 9-16, if a gun is approved, how long before it shows up on list? Wanted to get a SW shield 45, its not on list, I am told by a source I trust, it wont be avail until November, another told me LIST would be updated 9-16, so the shield would be avail then.

Very cool.

If you are tracking what's next on the list to be reviewed, please post it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am intimately familiar with roster board submissions due to my particular collecting interest... I've probably had 7-8 guns run through the process by now, and have almost continuously had guns in roster board hell for like two years now.

It takes ~45 days from the review board meeting for the roster/website to be updated. A list of the guns that will be put in the roster appear in the Maryland Register about two weeks after the review board meeting.

If your gun didn't make the July meeting (which I think was July 28 - cutoff for submission was like July 12), it will not be in the September 19 roster update. You will have to get it in the next meeting, which has not been scheduled. De facto, this means you will be lucky to have it before the end of the year, as roster board meetings start getting very infrequent during CQ4.

And, BTW, this whole "you can get a new model on the roster without a sample submission" is more or less a myth. One guy somehow managed to get the board to approve a bunch of Grand Power guns a little while back without samples. No one else has managed the same feat, even with detailed information that X gun is the same as Y gun with a new name. Caliber additions don't require a sample submission, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom