• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martinjstn1

Feb 23, 2015
    SBY
    So the investigating trooper said you'd need to provide more info yet you now have received a permit? If I'm reading g that correctly it continues to prove that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    Edit to add: Also shows the trooper was clueless and true to past stories they're still making chit up as they go.

I agree. He specifically told me once I leave the interview he has no knowledge of what happens (if i get a permit or not) i.e. he doesnt know what gets people to pass and what doesn't. He also then told me that he knows that I need specific bank info and they dont accept assets for protection only things like diamonds and gold. I wasn't there to argue but it didnt all add up.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    I agree. He specifically told me once I leave the interview he has no knowledge of what happens (if i get a permit or not) i.e. he doesnt know what gets people to pass and what doesn't. He also then told me that he knows that I need specific bank info and they dont accept assets for protection only things like diamonds and gold. I wasn't there to argue but it didnt all add up.

is the asset protection also voided if the assets do not belong to you? for example, at any given time i may or may not have 100k worth customers assets i'm transporting to repair.

Martinjstn1

Feb 23, 2015
    SBY
    is the asset protection also voided if the assets do not belong to you? for example, at any given time i may or may not have 100k worth customers assets i'm transporting to repair.

There are a bunch of legal guys on here so im sure they will chime in. I would think so though, maybe not considered an assets but its under your control. If that 100k worth of customer assets was stolen or damaged while under your control I think that your customer could legally put it on your business.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Do you OWN the business? Is the business registered with SDAT, licensed through DLLR or other agency? Do you have a business bank account and make deposits for the business? If so, then you MAY qualify and may be able to get a restriction covering you while you transport things for clients. It will depend on what you transport, how well you articulate the G&S, and the mood of those at MSP on any given day.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Preparing to renew my permit.

Considering the following answers to MSP HP Application question #23 (Reason for Permit);

1. Because the time to apply for a permit, get training, and become proficient is before you may need it – not after.
    2. Because carrying a long gun is cumbersome and unnecessarily alarms liberals.
    3. Because CCL Holders statistically commit fewer crimes than even Police officers.
    4. Because rights, like muscles must be exercised to be maintained
    5. Because this is not about a tool, its about freedom and liberty.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Preparing to renew my permit.

Considering the following answers to MSP HP Application question #23 (Reason for Permit);
    1. Because the time to apply for a permit, get training, and become proficient is before you may need it – not after.
    2. Because carrying a long gun is cumbersome and unnecessarily alarms liberals.
    3. Because CCL Holders statistically commit fewer crimes than even Police officers.
    4. Because rights, like muscles must be exercised to be maintained
    5. Because this is not about a tool, its about freedom and liberty.
    These responses may make you feel good, but they will not help you get approved.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I thought I had read at some point here someone recommended not sending in the packet for renewal too fast (waiting for the 30 day or so mark).

Is there any rhyme or reason? I expire mid November, need training and whatever else required. Anyone have any suggestions as to when I should have everything sent in?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I thought I had read at some point here someone recommended not sending in the packet for renewal too fast (waiting for the 30 day or so mark).

Is there any rhyme or reason? I expire mid November, need training and whatever else required. Anyone have any suggestions as to when I should have everything sent in?

I recommended waiting, as long as possible, at the time.

Under MD law you can submit up to 15? days before expiration of any license or permit.

The idea then was to give the Governor, Superintendent and Board time to affect change.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    MSP site says the "process" should be started no later than 90 prior to expiration. Does this mean you can submit you application 6 months ahead or that you should start getting your stuff together 90 days prior or that the "process" is started when MSP receives your application. Pick one.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    These responses may make you feel good, but they will not help you get approved.

#2 may not be prudent. Just change liberals to "some people". The list then would hold no political bias, and remember as much as some may loathe the system, they still hold the cards. Don't do anything to p* them off.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP site says the "process" should be started no later than 90 prior to expiration. Does this mean you can submit you application 6 months ahead or that you should start getting your stuff together 90 days prior or that the "process" is started when MSP receives your application. Pick one.

I pick the latter. I think MSP is trying to prevent piles of apps mailed in exactly as you state , ie. 6 months out. Many states have similar language, ie UT and VA.

NV is 120 days prior

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I pick the latter. I think MSP is trying to prevent piles of apps mailed in exactly as you state , ie. 6 months out. Many states have similar language, ie NV and IIRC VA as well.
    And this is why I will not attend a MHPRB meeting until after my renewal, which I sent last week, is acted on. I'd hate for someone at MSP to open my packet and recognize the photo as one of those pricks that have been attending the meetings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Humm
    A Permit States...
    "If expired, contact MSP Prior to arrest."

How does one do that???
    It aimed at other LEO. Since the MSP are such fuk ups with getting the permits processed and sent. They want to make sure no one locks you up for carrying without a permit when there actually is a valid one but you've been waiting 4 months for it.....

At least that's what I get out of it.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I believe that is for the LEO that is about to arrest you for having an expired permit and carrying.

Correct. Because:

Md. STATE GOVERNMENT Code Ann. § 10-226

"§ 10-226. Licenses -- Special provisions
    (a) Definitions. --
    (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (2) "License" means all or any part of permission that:
    (i) is required by law to be obtained from a unit;
    (ii) is not required only for revenue purposes; and
    (iii) is in any form, including:
    1. an approval;
    2. a certificate;
    3. a charter;
    4. a permit; or
    5. a registration.
    (3) "Unit" means an officer or unit that is authorized by law to:
    (i) adopt regulations subject to Subtitle 1 of this title; or
    (ii) adjudicate contested cases under this subtitle.
    (b) Renewal and expiration. -- If, at least 2 calendar weeks before a license expires, the licensee makes sufficient application for renewal of the license, the license does not expire until:
    (1) the unit takes final action on the application; and
    (2) either:
    (i) the time for seeking judicial review of the action expires; or
    (ii) any judicial stay of the unit's final action expires.
    (c) Revocation or suspension. --
    (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a unit may not revoke or suspend a license unless the unit first gives the licensee:
    (i) written notice of the facts that warrant suspension or revocation; and
    (ii) an opportunity to be heard.
    (2) A unit may order summarily the suspension of a license if the unit:
    (i) finds that the public health, safety, or welfare imperatively requires emergency action; and
    (ii) promptly gives the licensee:
    1. written notice of the suspension, the finding, and the reasons that support the finding; and
    2. an opportunity to be heard."

A permit can show expired, yet remain valid and result in a false arrest claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom