• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I dont think it matters. EP armory was raided a couple days ago and I belive another was raided as well, but I cannot find the link. All three made/sold polyomer lowers.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The lower is legal.

The ATF wants the client names.

This has me wondering if they have a database of gunowners, which they are prohibited from having by law?!?!?!

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    If you purchased your 80's over the internet then you pretty much expected your privacy to be infringed upon. This is why I would limit what I buy online. There's multiple lists somewhere with a lot of our names on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    If you read the article, it sounds like Polymer 80s are what the ATF is after.

Does Polymer 80 have an ATF letter stating that its a 80%?

I read in the article that the company told the ATF that the could have all of their lowers. The ATF wasn't after the hardware they want the customer list.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."
    - Department of Homeland Security, 2009 report on "Rightwing Extremism" Page 3

I understand the reasoning behind the Restraining Order from Ares,but what I can't understand is this;

"A manufacturer made an 80 percent receiver in plastic with a different material and colors which show exactly where the customer can drill making it easier and cheaper to build. The ATF said it is illegal."

Since when,it seems no different than selling a jig with it?? :confused:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I understand the reasoning behind the Restraining Order from Ares,but what I can't understand is this;

"A manufacturer made an 80 percent receiver in plastic with a different material and colors which show exactly where the customer can drill making it easier and cheaper to build. The ATF said it is illegal."

Because it seems that the ATF is making it up as they go along. . .:sad20:

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I think the ATF is pissed off because the polymer lowers are not one solid color. The fire control group on the lowers in question is color coded to show you where to cut. They also have divots to show you where to drill the hammer and trigger pins. The reason ATF approved 80% lowers are not an issue is because they require a certain skill level and equipment to complete.

polymer-pink-lower.jpg

I think the ATF is pissed off because the polymer lowers are not one solid color. The fire control group on the lowers in question is color coded to show you where to cut. They also have divots to show you where to drill the hammer and trigger pins. The reason ATF approved 80% lowers are not an issue is because they require a certain skill level and equipment to complete.

Yes,but I'm sure Ares got approval for that design before putting it into production/sale.The same with Polymer80,EP,etc.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West

I'm wonder if the issue here is that the receivers were initially built to a level greater than 80% (thus illegal) and then "filled" with a different color plastic. This may also be the reason why ARES is not objecting to having the receivers seized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom