• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    From what I have been reading in other thread, there are non-residents applying with us as well.

I thought that I saw someone say that non-residents could apply, but couldn't place where I saw it.
    Someone please correct us, if we're wrong.
    Thanks!

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I haven't seen an answer for this nor was it on the John Doe app... Do we need to fill out our employment history if we are not a private detective or any of that?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Does one take their MD CCW application to the Livescan facility? Is this where the notory comes in? Or, can one go to a Livescan facility without CCW application and get their Livescan and photos?

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Does one take their MD CCW application to the Livescan facility? Is this where the notory comes in? Or, can one go to a Livescan facility without CCW application and get their Livescan and photos?

They just printed the 2 pages that needs their notary (computer generated), and had you sign it in front of them. Then it was up to you to fill in the rest of the questions on those forms again.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Passport Photos taken this morning, have background and fingerprint scheduled. Do I need the photos for the background and finger printing or need to mail them with the MSP app?

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    I went to the live scan place on Reisterstown rd., then hand delivered my app to the MSP Licensing Division. It was on the same road and less than a mile apart.
    While i was getting scanned there was someone else there for the same reason and when i was turning in my wife's app and my app, there were 2 others turning in their app too.
    At no point did anyone attempt to discourage me from attempting this process. They might not have been the friendliest people but still doing their job.

I did ask for a receipt or proof that i had paid and handed in the handgun permit application. Apparently this isn't commonly asked for cause she hand wrote me some note on a piece of paper.
    Live Scan $58 and Check to MSP was $75.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I have a few technical questions. I have been charged with
    theft less then $300 in 1993 I was not convicted and got PBJ also was not arrested just served papers to go to court
    also in 1993 I got a citation for minor in possession of alcohol that i plead guilty and paid a $35 fine 1 year probation

arrested I put NO
    Charged YES
    Convicted YES because of minor in possession and other minor traffic violations
    15) Have you ever been serve with a criminal summons? yes??? because I was not arrested but served papers to go to court????

Thanks for the help

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    No one on this earth knows exactly what will happen. This is unchartered territory for MD. NO ONE knows. It's a crap shoot.

Dude...it's been less than 4 days.

I was talking about the old days of taking a permit to MSP and getting laughed out of the office

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    A colleague of mine who is also a 2A rights advocate asked me the following question:

Application page 7 asked the following: "(18) Have you ever... been treated, or observed by any medical doctor... for any medical or psychiatric disorder?"

V said xxxx yyyy zzzzz
    If V answers yes to the question, is it an automatic disqualifier? She has QQQQ RRRR SSSS

If it is NOT an automatic disqualifier, should VVV attempt to get a note from the doctor or something explaining it is a minor condition and V poses no danger? Attach it to the application?

Any help appreciated.

Some of these questions are going to need a professional to answer.
    This thread is more about HOW TO APPLY. Even if someone gives you information here, take it with a grain of salt and seek counsel. I know at least one actual lawyer who posted that he is receiving PMs and Emails and will discuss professionally, but don't expect an answer on-line.

*ALSO, to anyone else asking questions about a possible disqualifier:
    You are writing information in a public place. The information you offer can be be viewed by anyone, including the MD State Police. Caution should be taken asking questions and placing infomation in a public domain. If you are really that concerned about being disqualified for a permit, or even purchase of a firearm, you may want to seek some private assitance, and not state your case publicly, and later regret the way you may have stated or protrayed the situation. Always be truthful on the forms, but ask for help in private if you think you may need it.
    [I am not a lawyer, just trying to suggest a method to assist those who have concerns about their legal status.]

Last edited:

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    Turned in my application today. I wonder how many people in total ended up applying since the ruling.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Read the application again. I do believe it says that it must be 2X2 or smaller. I am out to dinner I can't check it right now.

Below is a portion of the printed information (cover sheet) to MSP CCW application. This may answer a number of question that have been asked. Here's what it says from their website:

CHECK LIST – FOLLOW ALONG AND YOU WON’T GO WRONG

1. Licensing Division – General Application – Completely, accurately, legibly, and truthfully completed in ink or by typing. MUST BE NOTARIZED

2. Fingerprint cards (FBI and State) or receipt from an approved electronic fingerprint provider attached to the Licensing Division General Application.

3 Two 2 X 2 inch passport type photographs of the applicant from the shoulders up. The photos should be in color, and the applicant should not be wearing a hat or sunglasses.

5. Authorization for Release of Information form. MUST BE NOTARIZED

6. Reachable references willing to speak on the applicant’s behalf. Difficulty locating references will further delay the application process.

7 Details in response to a “yes” response of the application. This information must be complete and accurate as a background investigation will be completed. Use additional sheets, if necessary.

8. Any documentation to respond to issues concerning drug or alcohol abuse and/or addiction from the health care provider as to treatment and prognosis.

9 . Any documentation to respond to occurrences by the applicant where he/she was institutionalized (voluntarily/involuntarily) for any psychological evaluation or treatment to include documentation from the health care provider as to treatment and prognosis.

10. If not a United States Citizen, provide one of the following documents; Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card, Birth Certificate (born abroad) and form I-94. If you are a Naturalized Citizen; provide one of the following; copy of your Naturalization Papers; a valid U.S. Passport.
    Hope this helps.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I was told we may still be denied as of now is everyone just taking a chance here or what. I am all for it but i do not wish to lose money if indeed we are denied. Maybe i will just watch closely and see what happens before i proceed i am going to fill out the app in the mean time.

delaneyesq

Sep 1, 2011
    Below is a portion of the printed information (cover sheet) to MSP CCW application. This may answer a number of question that have been asked. Here's what it says from their website:

CHECK LIST – FOLLOW ALONG AND YOU WON’T GO WRONG

1. Licensing Division – General Application – Completely, accurately, legibly, and truthfully completed in ink or by typing. MUST BE NOTARIZED

2. Fingerprint cards (FBI and State) or receipt from an approved electronic fingerprint provider attached to the Licensing Division General Application.

3 Two 2 X 2 inch passport type photographs of the applicant from the shoulders up. The photos should be in color, and the applicant should not be wearing a hat or sunglasses.

5. Authorization for Release of Information form. MUST BE NOTARIZED

6. Reachable references willing to speak on the applicant’s behalf. Difficulty locating references will further delay the application process.

7 Details in response to a “yes” response of the application. This information must be complete and accurate as a background investigation will be completed. Use additional sheets, if necessary.

8. Any documentation to respond to issues concerning drug or alcohol abuse and/or addiction from the health care provider as to treatment and prognosis.

9 . Any documentation to respond to occurrences by the applicant where he/she was institutionalized (voluntarily/involuntarily) for any psychological evaluation or treatment to include documentation from the health care provider as to treatment and prognosis.

10. If not a United States Citizen, provide one of the following documents; Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card, Birth Certificate (born abroad) and form I-94. If you are a Naturalized Citizen; provide one of the following; copy of your Naturalization Papers; a valid U.S. Passport.
    Hope this helps.

This does indeed help. thanks!

Punch84

Mar 29, 2009
    Carroll County
    I applied today and tried to look at it this way. I "may" get a permit because of the recent ruling. On the other hand the state just keeps my $75.00 application fee. I feel that with more applications going into the data base and being denied we will all benefit by changing the data Gansler tried using against us. I am both a MSI and SAF member. Neither of these groups can change the actual data using that money. Just my personal reasoning..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom