• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contact this lady, Marlene Jenkins, mjenkins@mdsp.org 410-653-4247 Ask her for the forms. You can submit the forms yourself or work with a FFL or the gun's maker.

BTW, sometimes you do not have to submit a gun, just fill out the forms. IF the XDm Compact is approved in either 9mm or .40, they should be able to proceed based on those guns being approved.

I emailed her last night and this was her response
    I spoke with the Commander of Licensing - and he explained that the firearm should be listed. I have updated the Maryland State Police Website and the Firearm you are interested in is now listed - and should be legal for sale in Maryland.

I hope this is helpful.

Easy enugh

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I've always found Ms. Jenkins responsive and thorough in answeing my e-mail requests.

Yeah, there shouldn't be a list at all, but that's the cards we've been dealt by the politicos in the PR of MD. It's not MSP's fault and they seem to want to accomodate as much as they can.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    True but it should never have been necessary in the first place. Like was previously mentioned, there should be a list of those guns not allowed...better yet no list at all.

The way MD was going with guns, in some previous years, we are very lucky that we do not have a system like CA has. Our system is easy, you or I can submit a handgun if we wish. In CA a dealer has to submit three identical guns along with something around $15,000 or $25,000 and then hope. Oh, let's say gun maker X submitted a semi auto in 9mm, with a 4.5" barrel and the gun was black and had Novak dot sights. Now that gun maker decides that they want to offer a black over green color combo. In CA, that is a new handgun and requires 3 more guns to be submitted and more $$$$. That fee paid only keeps the gun on the CA approved list for only a few years. After that, the maker has to pay another fee to keep the gun on the list.

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    just got caught by this...ordered a taurus mil. pro 32...and its not on the list... the .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 are all on the list...hoping they add it.

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    So I want to get an S&W 640-3 but the roster only states 640-1, "should I call the msp to see if there is any difference?"

Contact this lady, Marlene Jenkins, mjenkins@mdsp.org 410-653-4247 Ask her for the forms. You can submit the forms yourself or work with a FFL or the gun's maker.

BTW, sometimes you do not have to submit a gun, just fill out the forms. IF the XDm Compact is approved in either 9mm or .40, they should be able to proceed based on those guns being approved.

I emailed her last night and this was her response

I spoke with the Commander of Licensing - and he explained that the firearm should be listed. I have updated the Maryland State Police Website and the Firearm you are interested in is now listed - and should be legal for sale in Maryland.

I hope this is helpful.

Easy enugh

So I want to get an S&W 640-3 but the roster only states 640-1, "should I call the msp to see if there is any difference?"
    note the above quotes from the thread I would try this route it worked for me. I think it was so easy because they already had that gun in 9 & .40 and just added the .45 hope that helped

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

I do not know what the differences are between the 640-1 and -3. The -3 might just be considered an upgrade and the board approves it without any hassle or they might consider it a new model.

Contact Ms Jenkins and ask her. You also can ask your FFL.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I noticed Arsenal Bulgaria Makarov on the list. Does that mean any ? or only pre 1985 ? for the circle 10 model ? I know Baikal is on there,but not fond of the civilain version.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I noticed Arsenal Bulgaria Makarov on the list. Does that mean any ? or only pre 1985 ? for the circle 10 model ? I know Baikal is on there,but not fond of the civilain version.

Any handgun made before 1/1/85 is exempt from the list. I am not a Makarov guy so I don't know about their models/versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom