Best gun range in Baltimore County and Anne Arundel county?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • broguns

Mar 10, 2013
    Whats the max caliber at acg marriotsville?

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Freestate is nice but its so damn small. I never waited so long for a range in my life.

Did you ever try a different time of day or day of the week? Freestate is very Popular because of it's flexibility. Just remember, all ranges are going to be busy....It's a matter of fact. The current atmosphere is causing people who Never fired a gun to come out and get a rental, safety training and shoot on the range. The Lame Stream Media and Owe Malley have caused this problem.....blame your wait time on those idiots. ;)

Also, they recently celebrated their 2nd Anniversary and had a "Big Boomer" shoot. They were encouraging .223 and 5.56 full auto to join in the fun. They also encouraged people to bring in up to .338 and shoot them there. They had a 300 Winchester Mag and a 338 Lapua they encouraged people to shoot. Although they had a "special event", for general firing of larger caliber weapons at the range, please call ahead of time for details and approval - and remember that NO incendiary, armor-piercing, or trace rounds are allowed. You can also shoot up to 12ga shotguns using Target slugs (available at the range), but no buck/bird shot.

Opens the door a bit, huh? :D

TaiChih

May 9, 2012
    from what I heard, Maryland Small Arms range moved to a new facility and they have a 50yard range that can handle rifle. Might want to call them first to confirm.

9801 Fallard Court
    Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    301-599-0800

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    from what I heard, Maryland Small Arms range moved to a new facility and they have a 50yard range that can handle rifle. Might want to call them first to confirm.

9801 Fallard Court
    Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    301-599-0800

Can you supply your own ammo?

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County

9801 Fallard Court
    Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    301-599-0800

Called about a month ago and they said no size limit on calibers. Must be a good backstop

Feb 28, 2013
    Can't speak about other places but Freestate definitely DOES allow rifle calibers up to 7.62x39. The man told me himself right here.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm so tired of punching holes in paper. Makes me want to move back to rural Nebraska. Out there you have NO restrictions. Go out, shoot, have fun, come home and call it a day. We had our own private range with steel disks on stands and a measured 100 yard bench rest, among other things. That was just to prep for moving targets, like prairie dogs.

There are a couple of trap and skeet clubs, but out there, there are more places to go out and shoot privately than you can shake a stick at.

LandinD

Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Freestate is my favorite indoor range by far. I want to find a nice outdoor range with some real distance now that its getting warmer. Im getting a little bored of firing a ar15 at 25 yard targets

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I like Freestate. I am a member there and live near Severna Park. Well worth the drive for me.

Wow, that's kind of a drive. No On Target for you?

I'm a member at Freestate as well, and I was lucky enough that they built the range just 10 miles from me. No more trips to Hap Baker anymore.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    My family and I go to freestate and they've always treated me and my sons great. My boys are 11 and 15 and they never treat them like kids.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Freestate is my favorite indoor range by far. I want to find a nice outdoor range with some real distance now that its getting warmer. Im getting a little bored of firing a ar15 at 25 yard targets

Join any of the clubs at the AGC! We have a 200yd range.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Join any of the clubs at the AGC! We have a 200yd range.

I might need to look in to AGC. I would like to shoot at a longer range, and hopefully convince my wife to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom