• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    For those of the not one drink mindset, of which I am one...beware that prescribed medications as well as over the counter medications may produce the same quasi legal issue..

In the extreme case should you divest yourself of all firearms while under such medical care? Or can we start expecting reasonable jury instructions?

Humm..

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Question,

If you have an HQL your fingerprints should be on file already right? or are new fingerprints required to apply for the carry?

New fingerprints for the situation described above. If you have a Handgun permit first then no fingerprints are required to obtain the HQL.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    At what point does our training come into play? I don't see any mention of it in the application. Should I include a copy of my certificates with the app or wait until they ask for it?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    At what point does our training come into play? I don't see any mention of it in the application. Should I include a copy of my certificates with the app or wait until they ask for it?

Include the Training Certificate with the package of information.

ABSOLUTELY include everything. The 90 day timeline is for a properly completed application. Each thing missing may restart the clock if some licensing trooper wants to be a d1ck or is just lazy. Don't be the applicant who is easy to push to the side or reject due to missing documentation.

Last edited:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Ok thanks, that's what I thought. I'm trying to be sure to get this right the first time. Everything is filled out completely, all references are lined up, pictures are done, financial paperwork is a go and now the training paperwork is in the packet. Friday is LiveScan day then I'll print everything and send it in. Thanks for the help, this thread is great.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Ok thanks, that's what I thought. I'm trying to be sure to get this right the first time. Everything is filled out completely, all references are lined up, pictures are done, financial paperwork is a go and now the training paperwork is in the packet. Friday is LiveScan day then I'll print everything and send it in. Thanks for the help, this thread is great.

If you're in the area you might consider hand delivering the application to MSP Licensing. There's a ton of effort in that envelope, would suck to see it lost.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If you're in the area you might consider hand delivering the application to MSP Licensing. There's a ton of effort in that envelope, would suck to see it lost.

That's a great idea, I will do that. Thank you.

That might work but there is no confirmation of receipt. I sent it USPS Priority Overnight, insured and with a tracking number.

When I was a Corrections Officer I hand delivered it but that was a long time ago.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    ABSOLUTELY include everything. The 90 day timeline is for a properly completed application. Each thing missing may restart the clock if some licensing trooper wants to be a d1ck or is just lazy. Don't be the applicant who is easy to push to the side or reject due to missing documentation.

I mistakenly sent in my app and omitted my training cert. I called 24 hrs later to ask if I could fax or email my cert and the women who I spoke to said she turned around, stuck everything in an envelope and had already sent it back out. I guess it is too much to actually pick up the phone and inquire to the applicant.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I mistakenly sent in my app and omitted my training cert. I called 24 hrs later to ask if I could fax or email my cert and the women who I spoke to said she turned around, stuck everything in an envelope and had already sent it back out. I guess it is too much to actually pick up the phone and inquire to the applicant.
    This is the kind of stuff I expect. Sad. Very sad.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Hand delivery is discouraged my the MSP.

Even more important, as stated above, hand delivery provides no independent delivery conformation.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Hand delivery is discouraged my the MSP.

Even more important, as stated above, hand delivery provides no independent delivery conformation.

My application was hand delivered and stamped with the date by the MSP. I was given a copy for my record.

Attachments

• IMG_3653.jpg
      IMG_3653.jpg
      111.2 KB · Views: 227

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I'm very surprised. Is there any chance you got special treatment for some reason?

You are still without INDEPENDENT 3rd party confirmation of delivery, which could be valuable in court.

Maybe MSP is giving free copies because they are no longer allowed to accept cash (presumably due to accountability issues)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom