• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The system is in place for you to use. No issues with that. I don't have a good reason to ask for a permit other than my inability to run and so to be able to defend myself.. You do.

:D

Last edited:

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    My renewal time is here. 10/3 - mailed 10/5 - received at MSP 10/8 - check cashed Now waiting to see how long it takes.

Update: received renewal in the mail today - November 14th. Total of 40 days from receipt of application until I received it. Restrictions were not removed as requested ( I tried) but were modified. Now reads "Valid only while conducting business as owner ..... Not valid were firearms are prohibited.

At least it was quick. Debating on asking for a hearing to remove restrictions completely. Thoughts?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I did not see this info posted when trying to do a search yesterday, while I was trying to get my fingerprints.
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...nBureau/LicensingDivision/Fingerprinting.aspx

Has the wrong info. The ORI is not MDSP6000, it is MDMSP6000.
    The women working the fingerprinting at UMCP said MDSP6000 is only 8 digits, it will not let me put it into the system. I call up MSP licencsing division and the lightbulb on the other end said "MDSP6000 is 9 digits"...I told her it is not, count the number of digits. End result "Well the number is that, sorry I can't help you."

Well some googling while in the lobby found that it is MDMSP6000, and also luckly the woman working the fingerprints was able to lookup and confirm. Now, I am not saying they posted the wrong ORI on purpose, but......

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I just realized my MD CCW expiration is coming up in February. I see I need to take 8 hours of training and MSP provides a list of Qualified Handgun Instructor License and Qualified Handgun Instructor Certifiate, however I'm not sure which are authorized to provide and approve training as well the live fire. Does anyone know the difference?

I live near Arundel Mills, does anyone know of a decent/fair priced trainer?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I just realized my MD CCW expiration is coming up in February. I see I need to take 8 hours of training and MSP provides a list of Qualified Handgun Instructor License and Qualified Handgun Instructor Certifiate, however I'm not sure which are authorized to provide and approve training as well the live fire. Does anyone know the difference?

Not far from you is dukes defense and MDS member mcbrudzinski at AGC.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010

I called some local places and found Rick Stern @ Train-to-aim seemed to have a fair price at $165 for 8 hours training and livefire shooting. Compared to others does this seem to be an accurate price?

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    HAvnt been on in a while or kept up with MD gun news. Has anything changed as far as getting a CCW or is MD still just denying people if they dont have a G&S?

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011

hmm... I had a customer at work show me his and it was unrestricted. I ask him how he got it and if he had to do anything special and he simply said that he had to jump through the hoops like everyone else so that got me curious if something had changed.

He is an older guy and he is a firearm instructor. I wonder if that gave MSP the sense that he will be "responsible"?

I dunno.. just an idea, just trying to figure out how he got an unrestricted CCW. I hope I see him again so I can ask him how he really got it. Jumping through the hoops like everyone else seems a little too easy.

Nov 23, 2015
    I am a business owner who would like to know the process, the steps involved and the documents needed (besides the documents listed on the MSP website) to be submitted in order to get the ball rolling with no road blocks to my personal carry permit. What list of activities does a business owner need to be engaged in to be considered for a carry permit? I know that one needs to be transporting sums of cash for bank transactions, but is there a specific amount? Finally, is there an annotated code in the law that I could state in my interview with the state police? I'd like to come correct when applying for my carry permit. I would learn from someone who has experience in this matter, consulting with those experienced in this area as opposed to trial and error.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I am a business owner who would like to know the process, the steps involved and the documents needed (besides the documents listed on the MSP website) to be submitted in order to get the ball rolling with no road blocks to my personal carry permit. What list of activities does a business owner need to be engaged in to be considered for a carry permit? I know that one needs to be transporting sums of cash for bank transactions, but is there a specific amount? Finally, is there an annotated code in the law that I could state in my interview with the state police? I'd like to come correct when applying for my carry permit. I would learn from someone who has experience in this matter, consulting with those experienced in this area as opposed to trial and error.

Go here

roll-the-dice.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Start at page #1 of this thread. With 1700 posts, your question has been answered many, many times. Don't mean to be a Richard, but its all there. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Subprime

Dec 2, 2015
    G & S

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if it has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if the crime rate in MD comes into play at all.

Based on what I read from the Scherr case, G&S was based on a "level of danger is that which is more than the average person would expect to encounter." From what I have read MD is ranked the 8th highest state in terms of violent crime. Compared to other states wouldn't that make every MD resident exposed to a higher level of danger than the average person?

This might be even drilled down to a county level. I would think the crime rate is higher in PG or Baltimore county than it is in others. To me, that leaves residents of those counties exposed to a higher level of danger than the average person.

The detective's definition of G&S appears very subjective, but this is the argument I would've used.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's about INSIDE MD, they don't care about your safety within State lines, they surely don't care about it by considering how dangerous MD is compared to neighboring States.

The "average" they are referring to is from within your immediate community (to my understanding).

Subprime

Dec 2, 2015
    It's about INSIDE MD, they don't care about your safety within State lines, they surely don't care about it by considering how dangerous MD is compared to neighboring States.

The "average" they are referring to is from within your immediate community (to my understanding).

If that is how they look at it, then if someone lives in a high crime community, that should be enough to satisfy G&S, without providing the documentation they ask for.

Scherr could have drilled down on who is determined to be an "average" person first.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No, you missed the point then.

If someone lives within a high crime community they are no more at risk to crime than the guy next door.

It would be more likely that a person from within a normal suburb who had an "elevated risk" compared to his neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom