• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    Ok, Just so I don't screw this up....

If I go to LiveScan in Glen Burnie and get my fingerprints, photos, and notary performed then the only check/money order I need to send to MSP with the application is $75, correct??

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I looked at the list of Livescan places and it listed the MVA in Frederick, but not the Sheriff's office. When I went to get fingerprinted for my VA permit sometime last year they asked if I wanted ink or scanned fingerprints. Do they only accept the Livescan from the places listed, even if others can do it as well?

(Yes I'm trying to avoid the MVA, it's such a pain in the butt).
    So I got off my lazy butt and made some phone calls during lunch. The Fred Co Sheriff's office DOES do Livescan. I called the MD Dept of Pub Safety and asked about the places listed on their website and the lady said the list hasn't been updated recently. She also said they will accept Livescan from a place not listed on their website as long as the site can transmit the scans to the Dept of Pub Safety. Unfortunately, the Fred Co number I called is just an info line, no one to speak to, so I have to call and leave a message with someone.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Traffic offenses are still criminal offenses. Traffic court is still criminal court. The Court and Prosecutors merely distinguish the dockets based on the severity and type of the crime: simple traffic (usually no prosecutor), serious traffic (prosecutor), drugs, theft, etc. Nonetheless, they're all crimes.

So this leads to the next question, is MSP's intent that we list even traffic offenses?

Probably is going to require an inquiry with MSP. Even though traffic offenses are probably not going to cause a denial, it may be best to list them, simply to be totally above board?

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    So this leads to the next question, is MSP's intent that we list even traffic offenses?

Probably is going to require an inquiry with MSP. Even though traffic offenses are probably not going to cause a denial, it may be best to list them, simply to be totally above board?

Err on the side if disclosure but you're right, the extent of the question is unclear. On the SF-86, when it asks a similar question, it defines the question's scope and delineates a cutoff point. On this app, I have seen no guidance from the MSP or the MSA that defines the scope of the question.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Err on the side if disclosure but you're right, the extent of the question is unclear. On the SF-86, when it asks a similar question, it defines the question's scope and delineates a cutoff point. On this app, I have seen no guidance from the MSP or the MSA that defines the scope of the question.

Maybe a current CCW holder can chime in with clarification?

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    we love u Rusty! thanks for going above and beyond with the legal insight.

I'm assuming since I have a more recent DUI conviction (2yrs) I should just go ahead and disclose it...

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

+1 Much like filling out the good ol' SF86, honesty is your friend. :thumbsup:

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    "I went to the maryland livescan.. for $76

1) printing
    2) background check fee
    3) pictures
    4) notary

one stop shop in glen burnie.. and a total time in and out of ~10-15 min. you can NOT Beat that at the ~$20 premium over running around and doing it separately.

you can refer people to me with questions too.. my out of state app has been mailed =)

-joe "

Anyone know of anywhere closer to Parkville that does all in one? If not, no problem. I have off friday and can just take a drive down to Glen Burnie.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Anyone know of anywhere closer to Parkville that does all in one? If not, no problem. I have off friday and can just take a drive down to Glen Burnie.

I'm on hold with Glen Burnie Live Scan now...trying to get a bit of info. I may drive there Friday after work if they are open till 5 or so. May have to stop for an adult beverage after. :)

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie

1) printing
    2) background check fee
    3) pictures
    4) notary

one stop shop in glen burnie.. and a total time in and out of ~10-15 min. you can NOT Beat that at the ~$20 premium over running around and doing it separately.

you can refer people to me with questions too.. my out of state app has been mailed =)

-joe "

So they were able to do the 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 on the photos

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Just called and talked to several folks on Ft. Meade about Live Scan Fingerprints.
    (This would apply primarily to MIL / CIV Contractor / Family Member.)

BLUF: Not available

Police/MP Station = NO GO
    Visitor Control Center = Only for civilians to gain entrance in conjunction with employment.
    Post S2 = No live Scan

As far as I can tell (still checking), the MDARNG does not have the capability either.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    FYI from the Maryland Livescan in Glen Burnie - posted on their website:

Customer Service Announcement:
    Scheduled maintenance to the livescan network will be performed on Friday, March 2, 2012 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Walk-in fingerprinting services will be temporarily unavailable during the aforementioned date and time. Additionally, the office will be closed on Thursday, March 8, 2012. Thank you.

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    i fairly sure i know the answer to this, but im just double checking.

my brother seems to think that the total cost for the application is $500+, even though ive tried telling him its only about $125.

he says there are other fees associated with other requirements of the application process, but not apart of the application fee itself. he seems to think that you are required to take some handgun classes each in the $200 dollar range. im pretty sure hes wrong as i havent seen any mention to anything like that here or on the application itself.

also, im weary of if this ruling will have any effect on the chances of approval. the only reason i say that is because the whole court ruling ONLY centers around the G&S, however, the application still requires police reports etc, when applying for a permit for personal protection. has no one addressed this?

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville

1) printing
    2) background check fee
    3) pictures
    4) notary

-joe "

Just called Absolute Investigative Services in Towson and they do it all as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom