• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Finally bought my first AR from GC. Bushmaster XM 16". Can't wait to take it to the range!

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    well I only have 2 mags right now (one being a magpull pmag), I'm going to buy the rest next time I get out of town so I can get the 30 rounders.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Check 44mag.com If you have friends out of state to receive them, you can order 30 round mags. I usually order a box or two of their 20 round mags. If I want to be nice and give one away, no issues.

20 round mags also are easier when shooting at a bench.

AIM surplus sometimes has one cent shipping on their mags, good prices as well.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    What should I do before shooting my AR for the first time other than cleaning it?

I've also heard that I should do the "break in" method.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I heard alot of people who "break it in" by shooting one round and cleaning X 5, then shooting 5 rounds and cleaning X 5.

I don't know what this does, but alot of people have said to do it online.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    More opinion on break in than you can shake a stick at. Highly knowledegable people in a position to know will have totally opposite opinions.
    Three points of overall concencus :
    Usually not needed.
    Usually won't hurt.
    It all depends.

I heard alot of people who "break it in" by shooting one round and cleaning X 5, then shooting 5 rounds and cleaning X 5.

I don't know what this does, but alot of people have said to do it online.

its an AR for christ sake not a 1000meter deathstick. Clean it, lube it, then shoot the f*ck out of it. Keep it wet. I use Slip 2000 EWL. Not necessary to fanatically clean these things as long as you keep them wet.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I did just that. I put 60 rounds through it (wish I had more). It did jam once. but I believe the double feed (which became hard to extract from bending the case) was cause by the mag being pushed up.

Accuracy was great. For some strange reason it was shooting high at first, but then it magically shot wherever I aimed it.

I need to test drive it some more.

I did just that. I put 60 rounds through it (wish I had more). It did jam once. but I believe the double feed (which became hard to extract from bending the case) was cause by the mag being pushed up.

Accuracy was great. For some strange reason it was shooting high at first, but then it magically shot wherever I aimed it.

outstanding!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

What brand ammo? Check AIM Surplus and or wideners.com or Palmetto State Armory for ammo.

As for the accuracy issue, there might have been something in the barrel that shot out. Maybe you just found the right spot to put the butt against your shoulder?

Enjoy the gun.

M1hungry

May 29, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Can't go wrong with Fulton Armory however it will likely take time as most of their rifles are made to order. I have the Mirage model and have had it a couple of years. Shoots very well with 5 shot groups consistantly under one inch at 100yrds and two and a half inches at 300yrds. Great rifle--not cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom