• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    OK...I'm board so I wonder what strick other commie states are when it comes to their handgun Rosters:

Kalifornia: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Marylandistan: http://www.mdsp.org/

Massachusettes: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssub...ervices&L3=Approved+Weapons+Rosters&sid=Eeops

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...s+compliant+firearms&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

New Jersey:
    http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/assltf.htm

What other states have strict anti-gun laws other than the above and DC?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The link you gave for NJ is more their never ending assault weapons ban stuff. True NJ limits magazines to 15 rounds, for handguns and rifles, but i don't think they have an approved list MD or CA.

The thing about CA's list is that the gun makers must pay to get guns on it and to keep a gun on the list.

NY and CT also have assault weapons "bans", which means they have to buy rifles with fixed stocks, 10 round mags and no real flash suppressors.

IL requires a FOID card. Firearms owners ID card for purchase.

I don't know if MA takes guns off their approved list, but I know that the AG up there was arguing that a Glock Model 19 was a different gun than a Glock Model 19 Generation 2 and that the Third generation 19 was still another gun, so that the original 19 was approved, no other NEW 19's were approved. Same with the 17, and every other model. They also probably argued the same with the SIG P226. The original gun had no rail on it. The current 226's do. To the MA AG, that is a different gun.

I think MD is far better than any of the other states you listed.

We can have Title II toys. No state AWB, No law restricting mags to 10 or 15 rounds. We all know the 20 round law here is a joke and we can buy mags elsewhere legally. In those other states you can't.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Cool!! you seem to know a good bit about handgun laws in these other states. your right, the NJ law was just what is Banned, I was still digging as we speak for NJ and other states.

The link you gave for NJ is more their never ending assault weapons ban stuff. True NJ limits magazines to 15 rounds, for handguns and rifles, but i don't think they have an approved list MD or CA.

The thing about CA's list is that the gun makers must pay to get guns on it and to keep a gun on the list.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Hawaii limits mags to 10 rounds. I do not know if they have any other serious restrictions. I don't know if they have an AWB. I don't know if the 10 round limit is for all guns or just handguns or just rifles. I remember reading about a 10 round limit.

Makes one wonder how many large magazines or illegal machine guns and silencers are in the waters around the islands? Commit a crime, get to a hideaway and then get the gun on a boat and dump in the ocean. If the crook is smart they wear gloves or wipe the gun down and then rub it with some sand paper. Expose the steel to salt water.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    hawaii has a ban on assault pistols, and a 10 round mag limit.

they also have registration of ALL firearms as well to be allowed to purchase any gun you have to apply for and recieve a permit to purchase, for long guns, it is valid for up to 1 year and allows multiple purchases, for handguns you have to get one permit for each purchase, and the permit expires 10 days after you get it, so you have to use it within 10 days of receiving it.

connecticut has an assault weapons ban, a 2 week waiting period on all gun purchases, and requires you to get a permit to purchase handguns.

rhode island requires you to submit an application to the state for every purchase and wait 7 days.and they require you to get safety training for handguns.

my ranking for the top worst states(plus DC) would be like this:

DC
    HI
    NJ
    CA
    CT
    MA
    NY
    IL
    MD
    RI

and then the rest of the states are pretty good on gun laws with maybe a few minor issues here and there.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I think MD is far better than any of the other states you listed.

We can have Title II toys. No state AWB, No law restricting mags to 10 or 15 rounds. We all know the 20 round law here is a joke and we can buy mags elsewhere legally. In those other states you can't.

You definitely got that right, we're certainly better off than HI, NY, CT, CA, NJ, MA, DC.

MD does have an AWB, but it's only on 19 "assault pistols" and is easily circumventable with AOW's and SBR's.

MD has some annoying provisions regarding the transfer of weapons and the handgun roster, but none of those really prevent you from getting what you want, if you want it badly enough. You can build any weapon you want in the state other than a machine gun, which is the same as anywhere else. The MD mag restriction is a joke, as we all drive a few miles down the road and get whatever we want anyway. My Saiga 12 and CETME/FAL only have 20 round mags anyway.

As far as regulated guns go, sure, they regulate some popular rifles. Not a problem. Anything belt fed is not regulated and a lot of really great rifles are also not regulated. You don't need an AR-15 when you could have a SCAR-16s or 17s instead. The PS-90 is cash and carry. If you must have something not regulated in 7.62x39 the RPD, VZ-58, and standard SKS are fine choices.

All in all, MD has it pretty good with the exception of the concealed carry provisions. I think that is the one thing I would most want to change in this state.

Mark

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I am pretty sure NJ does the permit thing too. My wife's family is from NJ and my Brother in law has a handgun and was explaining their backward ass laws to me. If I recall, the 'permit' is only good for 30 days.

ya they do NJ is pretty bad, i was just explaining some of the states that a lot of people dont usually think about when talking about anti gun laws.

a lot of these states really make you feel fortunate MD atleast isnt as bad as them.

at least we can get almost anything we want.

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    I want to say New Hampshire has a crazy no "Assualt weapons" law. They don't want to allow ANYONE to even transport one through on the interstate.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    If you must have something not regulated in 7.62x39 the RPD, VZ-58, and standard SKS are fine choices.

All in all, MD has it pretty good with the exception of the concealed carry provisions. I think that is the one thing I would most want to change in this state.

Mark

Don't forget the Mini-30. :D

The 30 days between but a collectors license clears that up as well. Plus it can save some of us a lot of money. :innocent0

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Just so the others don't think MD is perfect, it isn't. We MUST make sure we don't become NJ or NY or CA. We also need to work to reverse or eliminate some of the really stupid laws.

Think about it, Colt has their 1911 pistols on the Approved handgun list. Shouldn't every other 1911 be allowed? Wilson Combat has some models on the Approved list, but they now some newer gun based on the same frames, they aren't Approved yet. This is BS.

FPS, in another thread I wrote about NY's pistol permit system. A permit is REQUIRED before you can buy or own a handgun. You can't move in NY State with a handgun, you must leave it at a FFL in the state you lived in and then apply for a permit. You can't start the application process until you have lived in NY for a period of time. It can take six to eight months to get an answer and the cost of all the fees is over $100. Finger prints, multiple references that live in the same county as you, an interview with a County judge and you almost have to now belong to a bona fide shooting club to get a permit.

When I got my permit, very early in the 80's, the judge was allowed to decide if you should get a permit or not, even if all the documentation was correct. If they had issued "too many" permits in your zip code, too bad.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Seriously, how hard can it be to get the ACLU involved in things like this. We can trace our bass ackwards gun laws to racism. So I wonder if I should contact the ACLU to see what they can do for us.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The VZ-58 isn't regulated in Md?
    Is that just the Sporter model thats unregulated, or is the folding stock model unregulated too?

The VZ isn't a copy or clone of the AK. Different action, correct? The mags aren't interchangeable either.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I want to say New Hampshire has a crazy no "Assualt weapons" law. They don't want to allow ANYONE to even transport one through on the interstate.

I think that might be next door in MA. NH has reciprocal shall-issue, unregulated FTF sales of all guns, open-carry, and is overall very pro-gun.

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    I think that might be next door in MA. NH has reciprocal shall-issue, unregulated FTF sales of all guns, open-carry, and is overall very pro-gun.

I think you migt be right. I wasn't sure if it was Vermont or NH that was a island of pro-gun in the north east.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The VZ-58 isn't regulated in Md?
    Is that just the Sporter model thats unregulated, or is the folding stock model unregulated too?

VZ-58 IS NOT REGULATED IN ANY FORM.

Don't let some chump tell you otherwise, if they state it's an AK, challenge them to find one part other than the cartridge that interchanges between both guns... because there is not one single common part.

The interesting thing is the perception the law creates. If it looks like the profile of a regulated weapon, people assume that it too must be regulated. That's not the law though. :) The law doesn't regulate by feature, which would have been more effective in some ways and less in others.

Legislators never seem to learn, more gun control isn't the answer. We need more criminal control perhaps, but not more gun control.

Mark

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I think you migt be right. I wasn't sure if it was Vermont or NH that was a island of pro-gun in the north east.

Yeah New Hampshire is a pretty free state they were the last ones to even put in place a seatbelt law and that was only when the feds threatened to cut off highway funds if they didn't/ Their motto is Live Free or Die.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Seriously, how hard can it be to get the ACLU involved in things like this. We can trace our bass ackwards gun laws to racism. So I wonder if I should contact the ACLU to see what they can do for us.

the ACLU is a far left activist group, they do support 1st amendment rights absolutely, but they have always had a policy of ignoring hte 2nd.

they used to claim that they didnt think it was an individual right, then after heller they simply said that the NRA and other gun groups do well enough that they dont get involved, they are anti gun, but for the sake of keeping their false image as a civil rights organization they do not actually oppose gun rights.

both vermont and NH are great 2nd amendment states.

vermont in particular is awesome because they have both open carry and they dont require a permit to concealed carry. in vermont you could literally walk into a gun store, buy a pistol and holster walk out, load it and stick the holster and gun in your waistband and go about your business.

you were probably thinking of MA or CT both of which have AWB, well MA actually doesnt have an AWB exactly, they have instead a complex mutli tier permitting system, and the level needed to get hi-cap guns and handguns is "may issue".

NH is to MA as VA is to MD, if you had to work in MA, live in NH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom