Aguila ammo any good? Any problems jamming?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Aguila interceptor .22LR 40 grain red & white box
    Lot # 30FT167

Overpressure and case on 2 rounds completely failed! The rim was completely gone! The other cases were significantly bulged at the base and the fired cases had to be pushed out with a rod. Happened in both a S&W revolver and an Anschutz rifle. Avoid using this ammo! Have not heard of a recall. Avoid using this ammo!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have a Ruger Mk III that has feed ramp jams from time to time and a Mk II and Mk IV that run it like sewing machines.
    That's not a great analogy IMO. My wife is a quilter and believe me, sewing machines - even good ones like the Pfaff my wife uses - have issues.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Are those the High Standard variety?
    Yes sir, both are "vintage" High Standards
    Got them decades ago "cheap", actually from Bakers Gun House in Hagerstown, they also pawned guns, when you went in, left side was insurance company, right side was gun shop, in the back was the pawned guns, when the CAT plant closed up that way, the shop got all kinds of guns in, people needed $$$, think i paid less than $150 for the both back then, the shop is no more...

Off subject
    When I say all kinds, I mean all kinds.
    Weatherby, Belgium Browning Shotguns, trap guns, skeet guns, Model "A" Uzi ( I bought ) Red pad Rugers M77's, Blackhawks, Pythons, Mdl 29's, Tons of Smiths / Colts and a FN-FAL (cheap) most all were brand new..in boxes, Browning Broadway with 2 sets of barrels in a lined case..

That shop kept me in the poor house.(grin)
    They would call me and say "We have such n such coming out of pawn, you interested"

-Rock

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Yes sir, both are "vintage" High Standards
    Got them decades ago "cheap", actually from Bakers Gun House in Hagerstown, they also pawned guns, when you went in, left side was insurance company, right side was gun shop, in the back was the pawned guns, when the CAT plant closed up that way, the shop got all kinds of guns in, people needed $$$, think i paid less than $150 for the both back then, the shop is no more...

Off subject
    When I say all kinds, I mean all kinds.
    Weatherby, Belgium Browning Shotguns, trap guns, skeet guns, Model "A" Uzi ( I bought ) Red pad Rugers M77's, Blackhawks, Pythons, Mdl 29's, Tons of Smiths / Colts and a FN-FAL (cheap) most all were brand new..in boxes, Browning Broadway with 2 sets of barrels in a lined case..

That shop kept me in the poor house.(grin)
    They would call me and say "We have such n such coming out of pawn, you interested"

-Rock
    My kind of shop! I dealt with one guy, FLG, almost exclusively up until he passed away. He had me so poor I couldn’t afford the dirt cheap UZI.

Good price on those HS. I have two..a Trophy (?) 106 and a full house Clark Custom on a T 107. Good guns.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    My kind of shop! I dealt with one guy, FLG, almost exclusively up until he passed away. He had me so poor I couldn’t afford the dirt cheap UZI.

Good price on those HS. I have two..a Trophy (?) 106 and a full house Clark Custom on a T 107. Good guns.
    Nice on the HS, they are some nice pistols you got there..

Yeah that shop took all my money, worked 2 jobs back then, not cause I had to, I liked $$$ and my toys. Friday / Saturday was "road trip" days (if not working) it got so bad, Like one day, Go in and ask "You got any magnums (rifles)" hold on let me check our supplier(s) bingo...Ruger No.1 Tropical 458WM, Rem 700 375H&H, said I'll take em. The other place was in Waynesboro PA, had Colt / Smith pistols cheap, Picked out what I wanted, transfered them to Hagerstown..
    I sure miss those days, Dealer Direct HK-91's / HK-93's $399 ( took advantage of them prices )
    $5.75# for powder wasn't bad either.

Kinda off topic...sorry

-Rock

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    A Henry golden boy, mossberg 702, Rossi rs22, 10/22 and a cmmg conversion all run various types of aguila 22 just fine. Our advantage arms pistol is the only thing that has had some ftf or fte issues with any aguila…….but I put that on the finickiness of the AA conversion. So no fault of Aguila. The stuff does smell funny though :shocked4:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice on the HS, they are some nice pistols you got there..

Yeah that shop took all my money, worked 2 jobs back then, not cause I had to, I liked $$$ and my toys. Friday / Saturday was "road trip" days (if not working) it got so bad, Like one day, Go in and ask "You got any magnums (rifles)" hold on let me check our supplier(s) bingo...Ruger No.1 Tropical 458WM, Rem 700 375H&H, said I'll take em. The other place was in Waynesboro PA, had Colt / Smith pistols cheap, Picked out what I wanted, transfered them to Hagerstown..
    I sure miss those days, Dealer Direct HK-91's / HK-93's $399 ( took advantage of them prices )
    $5.75# for powder wasn't bad either.

Kinda off topic...sorry

-Rock
    Them’s some good shootin’ arrr-nnn’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads