• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Haha, you are rapidly fitting in around this place.

We still need to get you that reloading bench setup. :D

I’m in the process of looking for a new place. Currently renting so… I’m looking to get some land where I can have a home built and still have enough space to shoot on it without any worries. Once I find that I’ll build a work area and get into that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    No. LAW type folders do not count as a "folding stock" because you can't fire the gun semi-automatically when it is in the folded position(folding stocks are only evil on semi-auto guns). It is only a storage device.
    Cool.

This plus a 6 position A5 or 7 position buffer tube and maybe an enhanced buttpad on a CTR stock might get my 8.5" 9x39mm pistol to min length to be legal to SBR in Maryland (without a brace.)

I’m in the process of looking for a new place. Currently renting so… I’m looking to get some land where I can have a home built and still have enough space to shoot on it without any worries. Once I find that I’ll build a work area and get into that lol.

You could always set up the "Dining Room, Trailer Park Style, Single Stage Reloading Bench for Cripples". I have it hidden and cleaned up before my wife gets home from work.
    DR RLB.jpg

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Here is my 9mm folder. APF lower and CMMG RDB upper. It's about 16" folded. I have a 5.5" upper that is direct blowback I could swap to get it 2.5" shorter but the RDB likes the buffer that came with the APF. I saw this type of lower for $199 on a website yesterday. With the Rugged and 147gr its pretty quiet. The brace slips off really easily if you need to hide it...
    IMG_5194.jpg

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

Good luck on your search. Don't discount existing places with land already. My daughter was looking into buying and building and some home builders wanted almost what you could buy a house on 2 acres just to build the house. Existing house on the same amount of land was costing less.

One loon in the area will ruin it for you, so research the neighborhood and ask locals. We had many move up here from Montgomery County and overload 911 the opening day of deer season. I know one farmer that won't let anyone hunt a farm right outside of Boonsboro where there is a community on Rt34. He said they call 911 every time someone shoots and he's tired of dealing with the police and having to drive over there every time.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Good luck on your search. Don't discount existing places with land already. My daughter was looking into buying and building and some home builders wanted almost what you could buy a house on 2 acres just to build the house. Existing house on the same amount of land was costing less.

One loon in the area will ruin it for you, so research the neighborhood and ask locals. We had many move up here from Montgomery County and overload 911 the opening day of deer season. I know one farmer that won't let anyone hunt a farm right outside of Boonsboro where there is a community on Rt34. He said they call 911 every time someone shoots and he's tired of dealing with the police and having to drive over there every time.

Yea one thing I hate about Md is the idiots who are anti 2a and don’t understand the laws when you have land. I think I’m just gonna buy land and have it set up for shooting lol

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

One of the neighbors in WV hasn't called the cops yet, but his wife is really pissed about my range time, even though it is infrequent. She doesn't seem to have an issue with other people in the area shooting their stuff every day for some unknown reason.

I generally send a few mags (mostly suppressed) every other weekend at home, but she is probably freaking out about her dogs that roam into my property because she's too lazy to keep them on her 10 acres. As far as I'm concerned, those dogs get a bit aggressive with me on my property, so if they get froggy, they won't survive first contact. I've also witnessed them chase deer and other wildlife on my property during hunting seasons, which is a violation of DNR regs and WV state law.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    One of the neighbors in WV hasn't called the cops yet, but his wife is really pissed about my range time, even though it is infrequent. She doesn't seem to have an issue with other people in the area shooting their stuff every day for some unknown reason.

I generally send a few mags (mostly suppressed) every other weekend at home, but she is probably freaking out about her dogs that roam into my property because she's too lazy to keep them on her 10 acres. As far as I'm concerned, those dogs get a bit aggressive with me on my property, so if they get froggy, they won't survive first contact. I've also witnessed them chase deer and other wildlife on my property during hunting seasons, which is a violation of DNR regs and WV state law.

giphy.gif

I wish I had property to have range time . How much space do you have?

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    18 acres and change. Plenty for me to hunt and have a 45+/- yard pistol range and a 100 yard rifle range.

Man I just did some land searching in Wv and it’s helllllllllllllla cheap. I’m feeling like I’m a dip into my 401 and pickup like 75Acres

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom