• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    SInce i live nearby Greenbelt Skeet and Trap. I have been going there to watch those people hit those clays. Now, I thought i would try it instead of sitting behind the fence

what I know is that it has to be more than 24 Inch. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to purchase at some local store for the range of 300 to 500 bucks ? and cheap ammo that i can enjoy instead of worry too much about it ..

The cheaper, the better for me ...

Thanks

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I've been looking at the Stoeger Condor and the Remington Spartan... both are actually Russian manufacture I think but they are the cheapest O/U's you can buy.

I'm in PG myself and would love to join you for a round sometime.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Remington 870 12 gauge pump, best shotgun i have ever owned and you can do anything with it. I lost mine in a flood, but i am buying another one.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have an 870 Express that I've modified to be a dedicated trap gun. I can hang with the guys shooting those fancy Italian guns and do it for around $3000 cheaper. That's a lot of practice ammo.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    SInce i live nearby Greenbelt Skeet and Trap. I have been going there to watch those people hit those clays. Now, I thought i would try it instead of sitting behind the fence

what I know is that it has to be more than 24 Inch. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to purchase at some local store for the range of 300 to 500 bucks ? and cheap ammo that i can enjoy instead of worry too much about it ..

The cheaper, the better for me ...

Thanks
    If you have never shot trap/skeet before, don’t buy anything!
    Use any shotgun, 12 ga / open choke, preferred but not a necessity. (Many ranges will have someone that will let you use there gun to try shooting trap.)
    Get a couple of boxes of 7 ½ or 8 lead shot.
    Let the other shooters know you are a "first timer". You will get more advice then playing golf!

Or you can PM me.
    We shoot informal trap on Tuesday evenings. This is the same place that give the Hunter Safety Classes you are interested in. Many of the shooters are also the HS instructors and are vary familiar with new shooters. These people will have no problem with your specific needs.

Jim Sr

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    PG's got a nice selection of rental guns. That would be a good place to start. I started with my 870 and theyve been good to me.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Can't beat a Remington 870. I use mine for everything from shooting trap to home protection. Just change barrels, and you're all set.

I wish the damn barrels were cheaper. I went to buy a slug barrel for one and found out for $50 more i could get a whole new shotgun

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Thank you for the offer, I plan to take that one day during one of those tuesday to check it out, I will def PM you when i am thinking of that day..

I was looking at the Rem 870 for it and it looks good price. but i wanna check it out since i saw some ammo for that, it cost like 19.95 for 100 ammo at bass pro...

pretty cheap...

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Another vote for the 870 if you really want to own your own gun.

As previously stated, PG rents very nice Berettas for dirt cheap. It might be worth it to rent a gun from them for the first few times so that you don't end up owning a shotgun and not caring much for trap shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom