• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    Here you go. This is the rifle, and this is a target I shot with it at 50 yards using some cheap Winchester high velocity (1300 fps) ammo. Not my best shooting, but it's solid enough.

View attachment 468692 View attachment 468693
    I went back and browsed a little near when you said you ordered one, but didn't see length. Is that the 18" or 20"?

All look sunk. Never saw those targets. I guess 2 person game from what I can read on them.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I went back and browsed a little near when you said you ordered one, but didn't see length. Is that the 18" or 20"?

All look sunk. Never saw those targets. I guess 2 person game from what I can read on them.
    That's an 18" barrel. I'd like a longer barrel for the aesthetic, but functionally I think 16.5" is all you need for 22 LR. A longer barrel would give a better sight radius if I was using iron sights, but I'm not, so the 18" is more than fine.

Those battleship targets are modified. My wife likes the Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-See targets because there's a defined splatter ring when you hit, so I bought a bunch of just those stickers, and she put them all over the printed target. Those are 1" dots and I think the actual dot size on the target is 3/4 inch.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    That's an 18" barrel. I'd like a longer barrel for the aesthetic, but functionally I think 16.5" is all you need for 22 LR. A longer barrel would give a better sight radius if I was using iron sights, but I'm not, so the 18" is more than fine.

Those battleship targets are modified. My wife likes the Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-See targets because there's a defined splatter ring when you hit, so I bought a bunch of just those stickers, and she put them all over the printed target. Those are 1" dots and I think the actual dot size on the target is 3/4 inch.
    If you want longer, put a can on and length will look better, lol. That's the issue. The AT-ONE comes in 16.5" and 24". if get short one, I think looks too small, but length will be fine with suppressor. if get 24", although haven't seen live, I think it probably looks fine, but it may not look good if add suppressor cause too long? The 20" on varmint looked good and probably fine with suppressor, but not threaded if want to add. I haven't taken plunge into suppressors yet. Thought I didn't need to be on any more government lists. Figured when they go full fascist, that list and automatics will get most attention early on.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If you want longer, put a can on and length will look better, lol. That's the issue. The AT-ONE comes in 16.5" and 24". if get short one, I think looks too small, but length will be fine with suppressor. if get 24", although haven't seen live, I think it probably looks fine, but it may not look good if add suppressor cause too long? The 20" on varmint looked good and probably fine with suppressor, but not threaded if want to add. I haven't taken plunge into suppressors yet. Thought I didn't need to be on any more government lists. Figured when they go full fascist, that list and automatics will get most attention early on.
    I have a 26" barrel on my 223 varmint rifle. In hindsight, maybe a threaded 22" would have been a better choice, but with a 223 there's still velocity to gain by going longer, although I'm not sure if there's any advantage for trajectory. With that said, a can on the end of a 26" barrel would look comical.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have a 26" barrel on my 223 varmint rifle. In hindsight, maybe a threaded 22" would have been a better choice, but with a 223 there's still velocity to gain by going longer, although I'm not sure if there's any advantage for trajectory. With that said, a can on the end of a 26" barrel would look comical.
    I put a can on a 29.5in barrel. Just saying.

And there is a gain in trajectory from "free" velocity. Depending on application, and other performance factors, you may or may not notice/be able to utilize it.

If you want a second barrel, just order one and you can swap as desired. Benefits of the zermatt.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    This Damn thread! Now I went ahead and ordered the CZ 457 Varmint AT-ONE 24"! You Cost me a lot of money TrickG, lol. Since don't have plans right now for suppressor, figured I'd go with the 24" and not worry of what it might look like with a can down the road. And 16.5" isn't available anywhere in AT-ONE configuration anyway.

FYI, 2A sales and supplies has Varmint 20.5" and Pro Varmint 16.5" in 22lr stock. Also some in other calibers too. Thanks to pointing me to them to have a look. Nice guys. Almost took the Varmint, but the AT-ONE stock is what swayed me. Especially given I'm 6' with long neck so stock adjustment probably good idea. I guess start new thread with questions about scope mounts- area419, MTD, etc. And some suggestions on glass. And other questions. This is my first entry into precision shooting.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This Damn thread! Now I went ahead and ordered the CZ 457 Varmint AT-ONE 24"! You Cost me a lot of money TrickG, lol. Since don't have plans right now for suppressor, figured I'd go with the 24" and not worry of what it might look like with a can down the road. And 16.5" isn't available anywhere in AT-ONE configuration anyway.

FYI, 2A sales and supplies has Varmint 20.5" and Pro Varmint 16.5" in 22lr stock. Also some in other calibers too. Thanks to pointing me to them to have a look. Nice guys. Almost took the Varmint, but the AT-ONE stock is what swayed me. Especially given I'm 6' with long neck so stock adjustment probably good idea. I guess start new thread with questions about scope mounts- area419, MTD, etc. And some suggestions on glass. And other questions. This is my first entry into precision shooting.
    Hammer, it's just $hit rolling downhill, man. Ask trickg how much money I've cost him. He's just passing it on.

American Rifle Company rings (current
    Model is the MBrace) are, in my opinion, the best thing going currently. I own spuhr, seekins, zeiss, nightforce, american defense, and others but the ARC rings are my favorite among them all since I bought my first set.

For your mount, area419 is your best bet for the cz. Jon's shop does some killer cz work and his parts are top shelf. I run his brakes on multiple rifles. I use some of his support equipment as well (arcalock stuff and I hybridized one of his arcade clamps to a pic rail section to allow me to put arcade rifles in my old pic tripod.head).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom