• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Maryland Natural Resources Police Charge PA Man In Hit And Run Boat Accident
    mad.gif

Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) recently charged a Pennsylvania man in an alleged hit-and-run boat accident that occurred April 10 in the Elk River near the mouth of the Bohemia River in Cecil County.

NRP officers responded at 6 p.m. for a reported vessel accident with injury at the Elk River near the mouth of the Bohemia River. The accident involved two motor vessels, one of which failed to stop after the accident. An 18-foot Baja sport boat, owned and operated by Jordan Whitmore, 24, of Drexel, Pa., was traveling south on the Elk River. Whitmore had stopped near the mouth of the Bohemia River. An 18-foot Bayliner vessel, owned and operated by James M. Clark, 28, of Drexel Hill Pa., allegedly ran up and over the back of Whitmore’s vessel and allegedly failed to stop to provide assistance. Whitmore had three passengers onboard his vessel.

One of the passengers, Ryan T. Whitmore, 24, of West Chester, Pa., was flown to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore with serious injuries.

NRP charged James M. Clark with reckless endangerment, negligent operation of a motor vessel, failure to keep a proper lookout, failure to maintain a safe speed and failure to take action to avoid a collision. A person convicted of reckless endangerment is subject to 5 years imprisonment and or a fine not to exceed $5,000. The other charges have a maximum penalty of $500 for each charge. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission assisted the NRP in the investigation. Clark is scheduled for trial in July.

Full Press Release

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm not too familiar with the northern MD waters, but I assume this was eally close to the PA line being that one boaterwas from Drexel and the other from Drexel Hill.....one could assume they're close to each other (as my soon to be former residence is in Brooklyn Park which is right next to Brooklyn).

6pm in early April....was it dark or twilight out? I can't remember. Maybe somebody's running lights weren't on.

I know I HATE being out on the bay at night. Around the Patapsco there's a lot of unlit buoys that I've narrowly missed a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom