• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kearw53

Sep 23, 2006
    Getting ready to hunt black bear in western Maryland. Need some info on places to hunt. Looks like I'll be on public land unless I find a land owner
    that has some nuisance bears. If anyone knows of a public place infested with bears or a private landowner looking for someone to take a bear off of their property, let me know. Also would like to hear experiences from Maryland bear hunters from the last three years.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    According to the DNR most of them are in Garrett County so Savage River SF might be a good place to try.

Kearw53

Sep 23, 2006
    Savage River

I have hunted deer on several occasions at Savage River SF. Thanks for the info.

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    Go to any state land that is close to Deep Creek Lake. We have Bear everywhere up here, but there is a large concentration of them near the lake. They love the rental home trash! If you can find a place, hunt on the backside of the ski slopes. My son works construction on that mountain and he sees an average of 3 Bears a day.

Kearw53

Sep 23, 2006
    Thanks WESTMD. I wonder how much public hunting land is around Deep Creek Lake. Sounds like it mught be the place to harvest a bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom