• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm looking for the firing pin protrusion tool (otherwise known as the take-down tool). It's the tear-drop shaped thing that acts as a screw driver, and measures the firing pin compared to the bolt face to make sure your firing pin won't pierce the primer, or strike it too light.

I am also looking for a chamber brush for 7.62 rifles. I found a pack of 5 on CTD for $20, but I'd rather just buy 1.

I'm also looking for the "dog collar" Russian sling. My M44 came with some non-standard sling I've never seen before.

Also, some stripper clips would be nice to have. I would like to buy everything at once, but it seems like I can only find bits and pieces here or there.

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    I am also looking for a chamber brush for 7.62 rifles. I found a pack of 5 on CTD for $20, but I'd rather just buy 1.

Also, some stripper clips would be nice to have. I would like to buy everything at once, but it seems like I can only find bits and pieces here or there.

7.62 brush? A .30 cal brush does the trick quite well in my experience.

As for stripper clips, those should be pretty much available in any gunshop.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah I'm thinking of running down to Atlantic Guns tomorrow. Nowhere else has anything I need ever. At Dick's they only carry .22, .223, and 9mm bore brushes it seems :rolleyes:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    CTD has a package with the ammo pouch, oil bottle, sling, and takedown tool - but judging by the reviews only half the people got tools that allowed you to check the firing pin protrusion.

They only sell the chamber brushes in packs of 5, and they don't have stripper clips. Other than the fact that shipping is $10 minimum, they don't sell ammo to Montgomery County so I try not to buy from them whenever possible.

I already checked MidwayUSA and Brownell's and they don't seem to have much. After looking around I may pick up some bits from www.classicarms.us but I'm not sure if their accessory kit comes with the gauge I need. I guess I can always call them.... but then I'd be tempted to pick up another rifle ;)

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Classic arms Inc has stripper clips. Meant to get some when I ordered my 91/30 but forgot to mention it when I was placing my order.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There are two kinds that I have seen, that is the older. They have the nicer ones like you mention over on evilbay too.

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Yeah, I got a nice kit off of ebay for my M38 for like $20. Had all the accessories, sling, and the right pin protrusion tool. I think that's your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom