• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I have a Ruger Speed-Six and I want to put in a 4-inch barrel (which I have). Also, a .22LR Rossi that has some end shake. I need a gunsmith hopefully near Bethesda and who won't charge me an arm and a leg.

Thanks!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm afraid that the only person I know over in that part of the world is John Rhines out at the end of River Rd. I'm not sure what kind of work he does but I would trust him to say whether he could do what you need. I've conducted business with he and his son Chris and they are stand up people.

He and his son are both on The High Road.

Failing anyone in your area, there's Scott's Gunsmithing over in Glen Burnie. He's done a couple of small things for me and I have no complaints.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I'd suggest you check with Lou Klein at Lou’s Sporting Goods in Bowie. I’ve had him work on several of my pistols (in fact, I just got back two S&Ws, a Model 19 –DAYYYMMMM, that action is smooth! and Model 41, and he now has my Model 17 and Model 586, next will be the Model 29 and another Dan Wesson) and highly recommend him. He’s also great with long guns. Keep in mind, Lou is a no B.S. kind of guy and he’ll tell it like it is (which I prefer).

Check him out at: http://www.coolshooting.net/

Good luck,
    Matt

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for the reference. He's a good man. I really enjoyed chatting with him. He said when he retires, he's going to put as much distance between himself and Maryland as he possibly can. Actually, he'll do good if he can just make it to Virginia.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    He told me he wanted to move to Wyoming so he could just open the back door when he wanted to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom