• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    All too often.

Shooters have been known to follow an ambulance into the ER to finish off a victim who survived the street shooting.

Also Domestic Violence- abusers have hunted down a victim to eliminate the 'threat.'

And? Installing these is nothing more than theater to say they did something. Much like anywhere else that has metal detectors, an individual with ill intent won’t give two sh*ts about it and will still be able to kill people, especially if the guards are unarmed.
    The level of stupidity with regard to dealing with potential violence is ridiculous.
    People who think a metal detector and unarmed guards will keep them safe need their head checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You realize that the entirety of post #38 is word for word the argument against any private citizen carry , anywhere .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They were pretty common for what they were. "Take me to Cuba".

During the " Golden Age of Hijacking " 1968- 72 there were 305 skyjackings worldwide.

In 3 minutes of searching for total number of scheduled flights in that time period , not found in that form . But calling 1970 mid point , the Daily number was 14 K , so that puts total flights in that same Goldon Age somewhere north of 25 million.

305 ÷ 25 Mil = 0.000012 ( or close enough for discussion)

That indeed Very Rare even at peak Era, and arguably rounds off to zero.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    During the " Golden Age of Hijacking " 1968- 72 there were 305 skyjackings worldwide.

In 3 minutes of searching for total number of scheduled flights in that time period , not found in that form . But calling 1970 mid point , the Daily number was 14 K , so that puts total flights in that same Goldon Age somewhere north of 25 million.

305 ÷ 25 Mil = 0.000012 ( or close enough for discussion)

That indeed Very Rare even at peak Era, and arguably rounds off to zero.
    Sure. Whatever you said.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    You realize that the entirety of post #38 is word for word the argument against any private citizen carry , anywhere .

Context matters. There is no other place I can think of where the visitors well being, care, and safety is the top priority other than at a hospital.

There is no where else I can think of where that expectation and trust is.

Anywhere else, without that assumption, there is absolutely a case to be made to defend yourself. At a hospital, patients can and will do whatever they want to staff knowing they are safe.

Show me another place where so eone can punch, kick, bite, spit, threaten, or maim the staff and then have no reprisal. Most of the time, not even criminal charges(sometimes staff is threatened to not file charges due to the potential of bad press) And when charges are filed they are dismissed or leniency is given.

So, while it may be a similar argument, the context of a hospital makes all the difference

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Schools .
    Fair point, and they have gun scanners and metal detectors in schools.

I would ask you this: if you had a loved one (lets say a kid or aging parent or spouse), someone you would die for, who you believed was actively dying, who you thought needed immediate attention, and despite your repeated attempts to get the staff to see to them, you were ignored......would you pull your concealed handgun to get the staffs attention that your loved one needed an immediate intervention?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I would ask you this: if you had a loved one (lets say a kid or aging parent or spouse), someone you would die for, who you believed was actively dying, who you thought needed immediate attention, and despite your repeated attempts to get the staff to see to them, you were ignored......would you pull your concealed handgun to get the staffs attention that your loved one needed an immediate intervention?

That would be a bit counterproductive now, wouldn't it?

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Context matters. There is no other place I can think of where the visitors well being, care, and safety is the top priority other than at a hospital.

There is no where else I can think of where that expectation and trust is.

Anywhere else, without that assumption, there is absolutely a case to be made to defend yourself. At a hospital, patients can and will do whatever they want to staff knowing they are safe.

Show me another place where so eone can punch, kick, bite, spit, threaten, or maim the staff and then have no reprisal. Most of the time, not even criminal charges(sometimes staff is threatened to not file charges due to the potential of bad press) And when charges are filed they are dismissed or leniency is given.

So, while it may be a similar argument, the context of a hospital makes all the difference
    Which is the origin of the "three f*** y**s and you get to smoke the White Owl" rule.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    An armed society, is a polite society. People do not need guns to harm others. Restrictions put everyone at risk.

Our founders knew this all too well which is why the 2A is written without wiggle room for the restrictions government continues to push.

If all medical personnel were able to carry if they desire, much of the violence perpetrated against them would cease.

Places where carry is common have much less crime.

Evil people will do evil things, armed or not!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Movies have made the hospital scenario commonplace.
    Sneak in an inject the person with some deadly meds.
    Or place a pillow over their marks head.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    An armed society, is a polite society. People do not need guns to harm others. Restrictions put everyone at risk.

Our founders knew this all too well which is why the 2A is written without wiggle room for the restrictions government continues to push.

If all medical personnel were able to carry if they desire, much of the violence perpetrated against them would cease.

Amen!!!

We should all know that everyone carrying is a good thing. Bad guys don’t give a damn about metal detectors, laws etc. Good guys will continue being good guys.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Ah, no. Over 95% of the schools across the North American continent have no scanners, no armed police/security force, no metal detectors. Most, like Uvalde, don't even have all the doors locked down during classes.

Most hospitals also lack armed security and weapon detection systems.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Often is subjective . But more than you would think in ER's .

The last time I was in an ER was with my wife who had BP of 200/110 some six or seven years ago. I wasn't carrying and nobody was in the waiting room, Montgomery General in Olney.

Before that I was in an ER back in 2004 the day after Christmas and wound up with emergency back surgery.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm in and out of ERs and hospitals all the time, it seems.

Since last October I've left my gun in the car. So far it's always been there when I got back.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

I agree with you. And if the world wasn't so pussified and perpetrator sympathetic as it is now i.e. : you harm a medical care giver and you instantly swallow teeth, and then catch a felony charge, this wouldn't happen.

But at present there is neutered security, and a workforce that is told to not defend itself under penalty of losing their job and an impotent legal system.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Projecting much ?

And yes , have had patent die in a hospital.

Not projecting. Illustrating a point that grief, fear, panic and an overloaded healthcare system can make people do stupid things. The last thing those people experiencing those feelings needs is a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom