• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Looking for opinions from anyone who has experience with the PSA Dagger frames. I have a brand new G23 Gen 3 complete slide that is looking for a home, and these Dagger frames look like a good cost effective alternative to a Glock factory new frame.

Thanks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looking for opinions from anyone who has experience with the PSA Dagger frames. I have a brand new G23 Gen 3 complete slide that is looking for a home, and these Dagger frames look like a good cost effective alternative to a Glock factory new frame.

Thanks.
    I had a Dagger compact(G19 compatible) and did not like it one bit. For one, all the assembly pins except the trigger pin are roll pins, which makes the gun almost impossible to field strip anywhere other than a work bench, requiring a hammer and roll pin punch. Also, the triggers are crap. You'll want to replace that, right off the bat. Next, and this is a personal thing because everyone is different, the grip did not fit my hand at all. I had to remove a lot of material from the 'hump' of the backstrap. On this, YMMV.

I would spend the extra money and buy a Glock frame.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    The magazine release is super stuff / have to depress very far to get mag to drop. That was my biggest complaint.

I never dicked with the trigger, but heard about the roll pin issue from many people. Also seems like another reason why I would avoid it.

As a $300-400 gun to buy and not mess with, sure, it's cool PSA makes them for so cheap. If you're wanting it as something to tinker with, I'd likely buy something else.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Thanks for the opinions and information guys.

The trigger was something I had planned to replace right off the bat anyway, so no worries there. I wasn't aware of the roll pin thing, but thanks for the heads up on that. Those could probably be replaced with solid pins pretty easily if I wanted to.

As for the grip, i'm not sure if it's similar to the Poly 80 grip but I had no issue with those. I'm an experienced Poly 80 builder and Glock customizer so i'm not afraid to tinker or fine tune the thing to my liking, and I have a bin full of spare Glock parts so most of the stuff for customizing I won't even need to buy.

Since I already have a complete slide ready to mount I would only have about $150 invested in a Dagger frame, and that includes the shipping and transfer fee, and a new factory Glock frame in the color I want (OD Green) is likely going to run nearly twice that much.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks for the opinions and information guys.

The trigger was something I had planned to replace right off the bat anyway, so no worries there. I wasn't aware of the roll pin thing, but thanks for the heads up on that. Those could probably be replaced with solid pins pretty easily if I wanted to.

As for the grip, i'm not sure if it's similar to the Poly 80 grip but I had no issue with those. I'm an experienced Poly 80 builder and Glock customizer so i'm not afraid to tinker or fine tune the thing to my liking, and I have a bin full of spare Glock parts so most of the stuff for customizing I won't even need to buy.

Since I already have a complete slide ready to mount I would only have about $150 invested in a Dagger frame, and that includes the shipping and transfer fee, and a new factory Glock frame in the color I want (OD Green) is likely going to run nearly twice that much.
    To be clear, the roll pins are not interchangeable with standard Glock pins. They will fall out.
    The grip has a hump more like a Glock, but is more pronounced. I had to remove material from it to make the gun more shootable for me. I shoot Glocks and P80s without any problems. The grip on the Dagger is fuller the either of the others.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I personally found the trip to be very comfortable. Mine was the “Full Size S”, which is basically G17 grip length.

End of the day, if you don’t like it you can likely resell it and recoup your money.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    To be clear, the roll pins are not interchangeable with standard Glock pins. They will fall out.
    The grip has a hump more like a Glock, but is more pronounced. I had to remove material from it to make the gun more shootable for me. I shoot Glocks and P80s without any problems. The grip on the Dagger is fuller the either of the others.

Thanks.

I've got a good set of roll pin punches and the Apex Tactical armorer's block, so that should make removing the roll pins easier when I want to swap out the trigger.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I’ve got 2 compact daggers and a micro. I’ve yet to have any issues, knock on wood. My first compact has had a few K rounds run through it without hassle. 2nd still under a thousand by a rch. The micro only a few mags, but its size feels plain old nice. I personally love the feel of them, but I shoot p80’s a smidge better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom