• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Anyone out that way tracking this?
    Seemed to be a ton of hooplah in 2021 then radio silence, I can't get into the website at the moment, maybe something is there but nothing in at least two years in searches

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I opened it and looked barrel harmonics.
    Soon as I read no one knows I got even more I interested.
    Then the more I read the more I realized I think this outfit is bunk.
    Now, if I would have read something to where I would have learned something like, for accuracy testing ammunition consignments, barrels are tested against lots of ammo that are known to be accurate, and barrels changed out before additional testing is commenced if anomalies are detected I would have probably read further and probably will at some other time.
    The other thing is, the emphasis on metering consistent charges got my attention too. Yes that’s important but I didn’t see any explanation at a quick glance of how that was being accomplished.
    The bottom line for me is ammo shot through a heavy enough of any kind of barrel that’s rigidly fixed can produce the same results.
    How it works for an end user is another matter.
    I think I’ll read further on at another time to learn what other claims are made and how they contrast to what’s already been published some time ago by those who weren’t concerned with sales so much.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Their FFL's are still active, public info from the ATF's monthly list:

4 55 019 07 4L 05193
    RANGER SCIENTIFIC LLC
    KANAWHA AMMUNITION
    550 FIFTH AVENUE
    MONTGOMERY WV 25136
    PO BOX 1319
    MONTGOMERY WV 25136

4 55 019 08 4L 05194
    RANGER SCIENTIFIC LLC
    KANAWHA AMMUNITION
    550 FIFTH AVENUE
    MONTGOMERY WV 25136
    PO BOX 1319
    MONTGOMERY WV 25136

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    Anyone out that way tracking this?
    Seemed to be a ton of hooplah in 2021 then radio silence, I can't get into the website at the moment, maybe something is there but nothing in at least two years in searches

I didn't want to waste too much time on their site, but it seems like they are working up specific loads to match the harmonics of a given rifle. If this is what they are doing, well, match shooters have been doing the same for years. The following statement seems like a bit of a stretch.

• Independent test results prove Ranger rifle ammunition is more than twice the accuracy (2 to 10 times) of mass-produced rifle ammunition. Testing also proves that the effective range of military as well as consumer ammunition is more than doubled.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I didn't want to waste too much time on their site, but it seems like they are working up specific loads to match the harmonics of a given rifle. If this is what they are doing, well, match shooters have been doing the same for years. The following statement seems like a bit of a stretch.

• Independent test results prove Ranger rifle ammunition is more than twice the accuracy (2 to 10 times) of mass-produced rifle ammunition. Testing also proves that the effective range of military as well as consumer ammunition is more than doubled.
    The CONCEPT seems interesting, you order a test batch, 5 RDS ea at different loads, then you can order bulk what works best for you...as stated, same thing handloaders have done for years...except on a larger scale

the 2-10x better does sound like bunk...

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    The CONCEPT seems interesting, you order a test batch, 5 RDS ea at different loads, then you can order bulk what works best for you...as stated, same thing handloaders have done for years...except on a larger scale

the 2-10x better does sound like bunk...
    When I shot competitive rifle, I did this testing to get the best performance. Ultimately, I used pretty much what everyone on my team was shooting. However, I did carry another load for high winds and further distances. I feel much more comfortable working on my own loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom