Sent in C&R App, how long to get back???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    i got mine last month. It took about two weeks to get it back from Atlanta. My packet came one day and the license came the next.

Classic arms inc has a nice selection. aim surplus is another good source.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Nope......

They will just throw in the back of the file room and leave it there. I gotten mine in a record of 16 days and im still shocked from it ...

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    it took about a month to get mine back. I paid with a check.
    Southern Ohio Gun is also pretty good. Also send a copy to Brownells and Midway USA for dealer discounts.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    it took about a month to get mine back. I paid with a check.
    Southern Ohio Gun is also pretty good. Also send a copy to Brownells and Midway USA for dealer discounts.

I new Midway gave dealer discounts (have bought quite a bit of stuff from them already) but didn't realize Brownells did too.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Cool. I've got my eyes on one of those CZ pistols that have hit the C&R market recently

I got one of the CZ-82's, it's nice for the price. I can shoot it better one handed with either hand than with both. Only gripe from me is the safety cuts into your hand a little. 9x18mm ammo isn't usually cheap but I found a source with 50 round boxes of hollowpoints (Silver Bear) for $7 a piece.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I got one of the CZ-82's, it's nice for the price. I can shoot it better one handed with either hand than with both. Only gripe from me is the safety cuts into your hand a little. 9x18mm ammo isn't usually cheap but I found a source with 50 round boxes of hollowpoints (Silver Bear) for $7 a piece.

I've read a few really good reviews of the CZ-82. They say it's extremely accurate and reliable. Very modern also with the double stack mag and left/right safety. I actually don't know why it's C&R eligible since it was produced only about 20 or so years ago, but I'm not complaining. Cheapest price I saw on the web is about $200 which seems like a steal. That will probably be my first purchase.

I also saw some German mausers on the AIM Surplus site that look nice. I would be neat to have a piece of history like that. I bet like most things made in Germany it is well made and accurate.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I got mine from AIM, Hand Select with shipping it was about $240 IIRC. It's in top notch condition. I've seen a lot of pictures on various sites selling this gun and mine looks better than most.

About the gun being C&R eligible even though it's not 50 years old, remember it's also guns where "the majority of the value is attributed to the rarity or historical significance, or in connection with an important person or event" as determined by the ATF. I think right now someone is producing a collectors version of the Thompson SMG (or has produced it recently) that is C&R eligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom