• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Went to a hunting preserve in Pa. Took a 225lb feral hog with my evil RPK wolf 7.62x39 HP's. About 40 yards away when I hit it and It ran about 30 yards before collapsing (nasty exit wound with the sp's!)

Also took a Corsican ram with my bushy ar-15 with wolf MC 55 gr. sp's. Shot it about 25 yards away. It dropped right in its tracks, actually kinda lifted off its feet and flipped over.

Attachments

• 100_0844.JPG
      100_0844.JPG
      30.3 KB · Views: 169
    • 100_0851.JPG
      100_0851.JPG
      32.1 KB · Views: 173

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Nice harvest!

Eventually the Earth will be cleansed of this dreadful animal scourge! :deadhorse: <--(not "beating a dead horse", just plain old beating a horse for the hell of it)

Seriously though, I've never even heard of a Corsican Ram. Are they wild in these parts, or do they only roam free on hunting preserves? That would make a great wall mount.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Looks like a good time. I guess that dispels the no sporting use of ARs and SKSs myth,

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    I think the corsicans are from the texas area. And yes i am getting that mounted. Hopefully should be ready by the end of the year. Really wanted to be at the shoot yesterday, but way to much traveling for the weekend.

Will be at the next shoot!

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    hog was 450$ and so was the ram. but got 50$ for taking 2 animals. In the summer , the lodging is free (includes kick ass breakfast and lunch)

so 850$ plus mounting.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    How was the reserve? allways a little suspicious about them unless I get referals.

The last thing I want is for them to drive me out to a field with a bunch of deer or hogs somewhat penned up and say "okay shoot the 3rd one from the left".

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    set-up

There are no open fields. There a couple of water holes and feed plots. The 2 pens we hunted were 175 and 150 acres. very wooded but open( pig and goat activity). The animals there tend to run in packs. Its not like they walk up to you and say "hey feed me, and shoot me".

They will let you get within 30-40 yards then they start walk/runing away from you. You have to walk with them and not follow. Overall if you can make the shot, you will get something. The other guy we hunted with had to hustle 1/2 mile through woods. Hell of a chase!!! (pig kept running):lol2:)

It was a very fun time. I picked up the pork and ram tonite from the butcher. Filled up my 5 cu ft. and half of my ref/freeze. Would be a good place for a few of us to gather and have a good time and fill the freezer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom