• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    If I submitted my paperwork for the wear and carry does that cover the Hal at the same time?
    I think you are asking about the hql. No, you have to apply separately but if you wait until you have your permit you can get the hql free of charge with no additional training or prints.

This should have been covered in your permit course.

TD

mmpbal

Apr 18, 2020
    Dundalk
    Can I use the same prints that I got less than a week ago for my wear and carry for my handgun qualification license?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Can I use the same prints that I got less than a week ago for my wear and carry for my handgun qualification license?
    No, but as Miles71 noted, you won't need the second set of prints if you apply for the HQL after you receive your W&C approval (and the HQL application will be free). If your plan is to apply for the HQL while you await your W&C approval, you'll need another set of prints and to pay the separate HQL application fee.

Link on how to apply for the free HQL following W&C approval:

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Scenario #A - Be patient until you Recieve the W&C , and imeadately apply for HQL , with zero cost .

Scenario #B - Your controlling parameter is to get an HQL as fast as possible . Spend extra $ 150 - ish to separately apply for HQL now , to get it aprox 4 weeks sooner .

This is a choice . I've known people to deliberately make that choice , because they didn't own any handguns / didn't own any they perceived as suitable . They wanted 4 weeks of intense practice with their new gun , to be fully up to speed , when the Permit arrives

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom