Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Outdoor Sports (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2021 Springfield Turkey Thread (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=255142)

BigCountry14 March 12th, 2021 03:19 PM

2021 Springfield Turkey Thread

Didn't see a thread yet, so I figured I'd get it going.

Not much going on yet around my way. Eagerly waiting to hear the first gobble of the year.

Autocorrect jacked the title up...

Virgil Co.C March 12th, 2021 07:58 PM

I have the bug bad .Driving wife and dog nuts calling . Going this weekend for a sit and scout. Son and I going pattern shotguns . Bought 2 Stephens a 20g and 410. We will see. Seems they are popular nowadays. Said before ole 12g does fine but if I can get performance without lugging big boy around why not. Love Turkey season . Friend got me into bird hunting well a while back now just something I didn’t do but damn it’s addictive. Rather turkey hunt than rockfish. Well hopefully be a productive weekend nothing like a gobble in the morning I tell the wife.

Grampa G March 13th, 2021 10:27 AM

Being virtually deaf in one ear I had to change hunting tactics. I could hear birds but wouldn’t have the foggiest idea which direction the gobbling came from. Scouting was a must, got pretty good finding a flock and learn their daily patterns.

Virgil Co.C March 14th, 2021 05:15 PM

Not a sound today , just the wind . Spent a few hours this morning looking listening, nothing . Went and put some softball size holes in some targets. Very impressed with the Stevens 301 they where fun to shoot (410 & 20g) Also had to shoot my 12g 935 which has been my turkey gun for years. Put a 3 1/2 Winchester in her for my son to shoot , ya it rocked him . But proved my point about the ole 12g .Try again next weekend . Anyone else hear any birds this weekend ?

Doco Overboard March 14th, 2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgil Co.C (Post 6259669)
Not a sound today , just the wind . Spent a few hours this morning looking listening, nothing . Went and put some softball size holes in some targets. Very impressed with the Stevens 301 they where fun to shoot (410 & 20g) Also had to shoot my 12g 935 which has been my turkey gun for years. Put a 3 1/2 Winchester in her for my son to shoot , ya it rocked him . But proved my point about the ole 12g .Try again next weekend . Anyone else hear any birds this weekend ?

Kind of windy here today. None talking yet that I heard.

BigCountry14 March 14th, 2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgil Co.C (Post 6259669)

Dead quiet here. Been doing some scouting, but no sign that they are in the spring pattern just yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BigCountry14 March 25th, 2021 02:35 PM

Finally...something!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f227c69a09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Virgil Co.C March 25th, 2021 03:00 PM

Nice , didn’t make it out last weekend so nothing to report but been seeing pictures being posted. Definitely want to get out this weekend .

ultraplanet March 25th, 2021 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We've got a pretty good flock around the house. 4 mature gobblers, several jakes and 20+ hens. Here's a shot from my driveway this morning....

midnightSGT March 25th, 2021 03:26 PM

That's awesome. I've got the bug bad. I cant wait.