Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Handguns (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   380 ACP (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=258007)

John from MD July 20th, 2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrys (Post 6374722)
The snap just makes sure you are paying attention yes it is a wake up call. It took me a while to get use to it and prepared me for my .500 S&W magnum which can now shoot single handed.

You will regret that when you are in your seventies. :innocent0

Magnumite July 20th, 2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John from MD (Post 6374678)
Early models had some issues. I'm afraid I don't recall what they were. I googled it when I considered buying mine about two years ago. They are all fixed now, mine runs like a house on fire. The only thing I did was to convert the trigger to a flat face which really makes a difference in the amount of trigger movement.

Thank you for the response. I have one and wanted to know what to look for. Its about a year and a half old. Never faltered, magsprings are tough as nails.

John from MD July 20th, 2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnumite (Post 6374769)
Thank you for the response. I have one and wanted to know what to look for. Its about a year and a half old. Never faltered, magsprings are tough as nails.

Yours is old enough to be past the serial numbers that were having problems I'm sure. Leave the mags fully loaded for a week and they will loosen up a bit.

Something else to consider, Magguts makes springs and followers that will give you an extra two rounds. For the 10 round mag, it adds 2 rounds with no change in length. I have them and have been using them for years in my P3AT and Kahr pistols without ever having a problem.

Pinecone July 20th, 2021 11:50 AM

Hmm, is converting a 12 round legally owned mag to 14 rounds considered manufacturing an over 10 round mag??

You REALLY need a Maglula for P365 mags.

As for running and running, it is been a while since I have been on Sig Talk, but a year or so ago, there were people pushing 10K rounds through them.

Harrys July 20th, 2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John from MD (Post 6374745)
You will regret that when you are in your seventies. :innocent0

Almost there now, of course there is the .500 specials too.

Magnumite July 20th, 2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John from MD (Post 6374790)
Yours is old enough to be past the serial numbers that were having problems I'm sure. Leave the mags fully loaded for a week and they will loosen up a bit.

Something else to consider, Magguts makes springs and followers that will give you an extra two rounds. For the 10 round mag, it adds 2 rounds with no change in length. I have them and have been using them for years in my P3AT and Kahr pistols without ever having a problem.

Thank you for those tidbits, John.

U.S.SFC_RET July 22nd, 2021 07:17 PM

I have both 380 and 9mm pistols. I love them both and use them for different purposes. I personally feel that my Sig P238 can do anything that any of my 9mm will. There are a couple of draw backs with the man one being a 7 round magazine. Its an excellent shooting pistol and I use it either as a primary or as a backup.
For the most part I consider both rounds 9mm and 380 pretty much the same when I conceal carry.