Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Maryland 2A Issues (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878)

MDPrinter March 7th, 2012 06:11 PM

I'll be jumping through the hoops tomorrow. Hope this works out for all of us. I guess if it doesn't go through I'll just consider it another donation to the MSI cause.

dlmcbm March 7th, 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conficere (Post 1543323)
So I just got to cvs and the passport photo is 2x2. They can't do 1 1/2 by 1 1/2

Read the application again. I do believe it says that it must be 2X2 or smaller. I am out to dinner I can't check it right now.

MJD438 March 7th, 2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlmcbm (Post 1543499)
Read the application again. I do believe it says that it must be 2X2 or smaller. I am out to dinner I can't check it right now.

I have the application open on my computer at the moment, every place that states a photograph criteria reads similar to this (this is the first mention, some of the mentions shorten the criteria after the size statement):
Quote:

Two (2) 1 ” x 1 ” head and shoulder passport type photographs with a white background, full face, no hat, no dark glasses. Photographs must have been taken within the preceding 30 days. Computer generated photographs are acceptable.

Punch84 March 7th, 2012 06:58 PM

The photo shop on Reisterstown road, across from state police have a sign out front for passport and handgun permit photos. Passport are 2"x2" and handgun are 1 1/2"x 1 1/2". Handgun photos are $13.00-$14.00 per pair.

Mr H March 7th, 2012 07:02 PM

Registered just now with MDLivescan in GB...

Will be headed there Monday afternoon.

BigCity March 7th, 2012 07:10 PM

A question that has been bugging me.

If you are fingerprinted for the original app, why do you have to submit fingerprints again for a renewal? Is OweMalley trying to make sure someone is working in this state?

moneyshot March 7th, 2012 07:35 PM

I may have missed this somewhere. What happens if they approve your application? How do they notify you? Are there any further requirements, such as training?

MDPrinter March 7th, 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCity (Post 1543551)
A question that has been bugging me.

If you are fingerprinted for the original app, why do you have to submit fingerprints again for a renewal? Is OweMalley trying to make sure someone is working in this state?

No, its so the government workers can do LESS work. Why open a file cabinet or god forbid a file on a computer when they can get you do just do all of the leg work again and present them with new prints.

SlotMachine March 7th, 2012 07:46 PM

Question - On page 7 of the application, question 10. I work for a community college and as far as i know they dont have an agency license number relating to this application. What do I fill out here, do I just put the college name and address and leave license # blank?

Mr H March 7th, 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDPrinter (Post 1543619)
No, its so the government workers can do LESS work. Why open a file cabinet or god forbid a file on a computer when they can get you do just do all of the leg work again and present them with new prints.

It's to make the process and expense so prohibitive as to make it unpalateable to the average citizen.