Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Maryland 2A Issues (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878)

Mark392001 July 21st, 2021 06:43 AM

Received my final disposition email this morning, here’s my timeline:

5/16: Application Submitted for Review
5/19: Application has Shortages (had to sign scoring sheet from training qualification).
5/21: Application Submitted for Review
5/25: Application Reassigned to New Investigator
6/9: Direct Request email for one additional document needed (Business Owner). Also scheduled phone interview.
6/10: Phone Interview
6/22: Application Assigned to an Investigator
7/21: Email received- Application Approved- No Restrictions

Mark392001 July 21st, 2021 06:43 AM

5/19: Application has Shortages (had to sign scoring sheet from training qualification).
6/9: Direct Request email for one additional document needed (Business Owner). Also scheduled phone interview.

65 days for the process- seems like this may be the norm now, electronic payments and processing seems to have sped up the process as others noted.

River02 July 22nd, 2021 02:30 PM

60 days from application acceptance--to approval

Submitted 5/16
Accepted 5/19
Assigned Investigator 5/25
At least one reference interviewed 5/28
Assigned New Investigator 6/3
At least one more reference interviewed 6/9
Phone Interview w/Investigator 6/16
Application "Approved" e-mail received: 7/19

Unrestricted Permit in Hand: 7/22

Mark392001 July 23rd, 2021 06:59 PM

Updated- Card in Hand today 7/23.

7/23: Unrestricted Permit Received.

bigjoegood1 July 23rd, 2021 08:56 PM

While I love to see the messages of approved citizens, I am also saddened by the hoops we must jump through to practice a Constitutionally protected right.
With that said, keep your feet on their collective necks MDS!
Shall Not Be Infringed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP July 29th, 2021 03:50 PM

I'm trying to get mine modified. Retired from the Federal Government...but I'm very publicly associated with UAV test and operations. We'll see how it goes.

Mike OTDP August 10th, 2021 07:59 PM

OK...MSP refused. Is an informal review worth bothering with?

Background: I was employed by the Federal Government. W&C due to clearance, and due to work on unmanned aircraft. Google my name and "UAV", and articles on me are about six of the top 10 hits. But MSP imposed the usual "while employed" restriction. I retired, requested the restriction be lifted.

Occam August 10th, 2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike OTDP (Post 6393275)
OK...MSP refused. Is an informal review worth bothering with?

Background: I was employed by the Federal Government. W&C due to clearance, and due to work on unmanned aircraft. Google my name and "UAV", and articles on me are about six of the top 10 hits. But MSP imposed the usual "while employed" restriction. I retired, requested the restriction be lifted.

Time to start a little business venture of some sort. Sell things on eBay. Make 3D printed consumer drone parts.

River02 August 13th, 2021 09:50 AM

Mrs. River received her "Application Approved" e-mail yesterday... handgun shopping today. ;)

Chiefscs August 17th, 2021 04:18 PM

W&C Denial - OAH

Wanted to provide an update. You can pull up an earlier post with my info if you like. Just wanted to pass on that I had my moment in front of the judge at the Office of Administrative Hearings back on 21 May and received my "denial confirmed" notification from the OAH on 13 Aug. I work in a HQ AF Logistics position, responsible for aircraft sustainment and personnel deployment packages in a senior GS capacity. With a total of over 40 years of service, I've worked in my current organization for well over 25 years both in and out of uniform. I am also 80% disabled, sporting artificial disks and metal hardware in my back rendering me unable to run or do a whole lot of movement. My *renewal" for the carry license I had for 2 years and 363 days (rec'd two days after my b'day) has been denied. Denial was based on not having a TS security clearance -- my clearance, as are most clearances, is only SECRET. The board previously overturned the MSP denial. As we know, there is no common-sense board any more. I will tell you, the verdict provided did base the denial on the SEC vs TS clearance. Pretty unbelievable. I will be dropping my papers for retirement now so I can leave this state. Honestly, the inability to defend myself or my family hastens my retirement. Thank you MSP