Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Maryland 2A Issues (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878)

BigSteve57 March 7th, 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlmcbm (Post 1542374)
I would believe that they are just caricature references. i live close to the Pa. line so a lot of people I know are from Pa. I am using them.

Thanks. I know the form doesn't explicitly say Maryland residents but I'm just breaking my cherry, so to speak, on this.

krucam March 7th, 2012 11:08 AM

IANAL, but DWI's are typically in Traffic Court, not in Criminal Court, ergo not a Criminal offense.

For the "alcohol use" question that is none of their business, I want to say a DUI within the last 5 years may DQ you during that window....can anyone confirm/refute that??

Elliotte March 7th, 2012 11:10 AM

I looked at the list of Livescan places and it listed the MVA in Frederick, but not the Sheriff's office. When I went to get fingerprinted for my VA permit sometime last year they asked if I wanted ink or scanned fingerprints. Do they only accept the Livescan from the places listed, even if others can do it as well?

(Yes I'm trying to avoid the MVA, it's such a pain in the butt).

SkunkWerX March 7th, 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lx1x (Post 1542305)
big bold too.. BLACK INK ONLY :)

DONE!

dlmcbm March 7th, 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csanc123 (Post 1542377)
Character references :)

LOL sorry!!! typing and spell checking while trying to work also.

Mooseman March 7th, 2012 11:13 AM

Thanks for this thread. It will be very helpful.

SkunkWerX March 7th, 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krucam (Post 1542390)
IANAL, but DWI's are typically in Traffic Court, not in Criminal Court, ergo not a Criminal offense.

For the "alcohol use" question that is none of their business, I want to say a DUI within the last 5 years may DQ you during that window....can anyone confirm/refute that??

Great questions, we'll probably need one of our real legal eagles to weigh in before we make a positive statement one way of the other.

PS: I tend to agree with the quoted thoughts. IANAL.

Colt Justice March 7th, 2012 11:24 AM

The attachment 54062 link isn't working anymore.

Nevermind. It pays to read further down before posting.:o

lx1x March 7th, 2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrobatik (Post 1542339)
Can the Photos be black/white?

color.. passport photo i think what mdsp is requiring.

LCPIWB March 7th, 2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krucam (Post 1542390)

I do not remembering putting that info (DUI, PBJ'd expudged 17yrs ago) on any forms when purchasing guns, and it has not bite me in the ass yet. But just wanted to be sure on the CCW app, considering they will probably looking for any excuse to deny.