Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Maryland 2A Issues (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878)

ECPDefense March 7th, 2012 12:11 PM

Ok, Just so I don't screw this up....

If I go to LiveScan in Glen Burnie and get my fingerprints, photos, and notary performed then the only check/money order I need to send to MSP with the application is $75, correct??

Elliotte March 7th, 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliotte (Post 1542396)
I looked at the list of Livescan places and it listed the MVA in Frederick, but not the Sheriff's office. When I went to get fingerprinted for my VA permit sometime last year they asked if I wanted ink or scanned fingerprints. Do they only accept the Livescan from the places listed, even if others can do it as well?

(Yes I'm trying to avoid the MVA, it's such a pain in the butt).

So I got off my lazy butt and made some phone calls during lunch. The Fred Co Sheriff's office DOES do Livescan. I called the MD Dept of Pub Safety and asked about the places listed on their website and the lady said the list hasn't been updated recently. She also said they will accept Livescan from a place not listed on their website as long as the site can transmit the scans to the Dept of Pub Safety. Unfortunately, the Fred Co number I called is just an info line, no one to speak to, so I have to call and leave a message with someone.

SkunkWerX March 7th, 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 1542461)
Traffic offenses are still criminal offenses. Traffic court is still criminal court. The Court and Prosecutors merely distinguish the dockets based on the severity and type of the crime: simple traffic (usually no prosecutor), serious traffic (prosecutor), drugs, theft, etc. Nonetheless, they're all crimes.

So this leads to the next question, is MSP's intent that we list even traffic offenses?

Probably is going to require an inquiry with MSP. Even though traffic offenses are probably not going to cause a denial, it may be best to list them, simply to be totally above board?

Lex Armarum March 7th, 2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkunkWerX (Post 1542545)
So this leads to the next question, is MSP's intent that we list even traffic offenses?

Probably is going to require an inquiry with MSP. Even though traffic offenses are probably not going to cause a denial, it may be best to list them, simply to be totally above board?

Err on the side if disclosure but you're right, the extent of the question is unclear. On the SF-86, when it asks a similar question, it defines the question's scope and delineates a cutoff point. On this app, I have seen no guidance from the MSP or the MSA that defines the scope of the question.

vector03 March 7th, 2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 1542553)
Err on the side if disclosure but you're right, the extent of the question is unclear. On the SF-86, when it asks a similar question, it defines the question's scope and delineates a cutoff point. On this app, I have seen no guidance from the MSP or the MSA that defines the scope of the question.

Maybe a current CCW holder can chime in with clarification?

Dave March 7th, 2012 12:29 PM

we love u Rusty! thanks for going above and beyond with the legal insight.

I'm assuming since I have a more recent DUI conviction (2yrs) I should just go ahead and disclose it...

Mooseman March 7th, 2012 12:30 PM

Do I have to send in all 13 pages or only the pages that get filled out? I don't want to screw up something that should be so simple.

JDove March 7th, 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 1542553)

+1 Much like filling out the good ol' SF86, honesty is your friend. :thumbsup:

JJM82 March 7th, 2012 12:35 PM

"I went to the maryland livescan.. for $76

1) printing
2) background check fee
3) pictures
4) notary

one stop shop in glen burnie.. and a total time in and out of ~10-15 min. you can NOT Beat that at the ~$20 premium over running around and doing it separately.

you can refer people to me with questions too.. my out of state app has been mailed =)

-joe "

Anyone know of anywhere closer to Parkville that does all in one? If not, no problem. I have off friday and can just take a drive down to Glen Burnie.

navycraig March 7th, 2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJM82 (Post 1542585)
Anyone know of anywhere closer to Parkville that does all in one? If not, no problem. I have off friday and can just take a drive down to Glen Burnie.

I'm on hold with Glen Burnie Live Scan now...trying to get a bit of info. I may drive there Friday after work if they are open till 5 or so. May have to stop for an adult beverage after. :)