• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If you're in lower MoCo, it's a range wasteland. Depending on the time of day (and thus traffic), one of the nearest places I can reliably get a lane is yonder just across the river at the NRA range. Nice enough facility (if not a Guntry Club), and the staff has always been very pleasant. Haven't been back since the plague hit. Hell, ALL of my shooting since has been in the form of a couple of steel matches at AGC! Practice? That's so last era.

If I could stroll out to the back 40 to crank off a few rounds, I'd probably be going through a lot more ammo!

Practice is what we call the previous match ;)

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Hap baker is ok as long as its not near bambi whacking season. It gets sketchy then. Was there after their most recent muzzle loader mishap admiring the crater in the floor.

Last edited:

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    I’m a member at Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas . I’ve had a membership there for early two years, I signed up for a First Responder/Mil/Vet membership that day because of how great the facility is.

I’ve also enjoyed DELMARVA for their “3 gun range”. It isn’t much but for one price you can stay there all day.

I’m also a member at PNTC I’ve only been a few times but it’s a great place for long range shooting and regular competitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    My favorite range is PG trap and skeet. I started my bachelor party there because it is so good. Even my anti gun friends had a good time shooting 12 gauge. PG trap's level of organization, rental cost, course quality, and general professionalism cannot be beat in the area.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I've been to Hap Baker. RSO's are good and rifle range well kept. Will go back. = good range.

IWLA in Frederick also good range for pistol and rifle. They have a light system for when range is HOT so no one enters the pavilion to shot. Range NOT HOT lights to limit only going to put up or check targets.
    = Good Range to me.

Last summer shot at Inpax GPS N Pittsburgh. Was nice indoor pistol range
    I've shot at Machine Gun Nest in Frederick. good range. Not sure if open right now. But good range and would go back

ZeroMc

Apr 28, 2020
    Halethorpe MD
    Cindy’s Hot Shots in GB.
    I frequent Cindys since its close and employees are easy going and knowledgeable. However as of 6 pm 7-31-20 they will be closed for 2 months to remodel the range. If you are thinking of a membership get it now at $250 unless you want to pay $400 after the range reopens

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I frequent Cindys since its close and employees are easy going and knowledgeable. However as of 6 pm 7-31-20 they will be closed for 2 months to remodel the range. If you are thinking of a membership get it now at $250 unless you want to pay $400 after the range reopens

Will the shop be open while the range is closed?

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    So I tried to book a lane on Guntry via online. Do they typically only show availability for the next day only? They don’t have any dates available after July 30 open on their website.

The general public can book one day ahead of time. Members can book 7 days in advance, and VIP can book 14 days out. Walk in's are fine though, so you don't NEED to book a lane to check it out. I also believe if you schedule a tour, they give you 30min of range time for free.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    Is there a specific type of 9mm ammo that you cannot use/fire when going to the gun range?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Depends upon specifically where CBR1000 is located in PG . If north end , Myrtle Grove is a meaningful road trip , particularly once pre- zombie traffic fully returns .

But in general , location is major factor .If not literally the closest , then certainly reasonably close . A below average facility less than 30 minutes can frequently trump a great facility 1.5- 2hr away .

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I've been to most of the ranges in Frederick, best is Thurmont Conservation Club for an outdoor range. Not fancy but great facility to get your game on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom