• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Any civil war reenactors or civil war weapon buffs here?

I just got a bunch of US Civil War era muskets and parts. Some are almost complete, others are completely disassembled, and I have a lot of spare parts in bags, sideplates, hammers, springs/cams, a few stocks, stock foregrips, bands, etc. Looking to reassemble them to be historically accurate, if not I'll part them out. Most of the stuff I have is US Springfield with dates ranging from 1834-1864. Have some .58 rifled and .69 smooth barrels as well as an Allin 50-70-450 breech loader conversion barrel. Nothing is for sale just yet, still trying to figure out what I have and do inventory.

Just posting feelers now, will post pics and inventory if someone who can help me out replies. Tried posting in a Civil War group on FB and got my post removed for violating community guidelines, even though I was asking for info. and not listing for sale.:sad20:

TIA

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pitchers Damnit.

There is enough of a well here to get you pointed in the right direction.

Are you knowledgeable about this stuff already, or are you way in over your head?

Can already tell this will be a great thread.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Pitchers Damnit.

There is enough of a well here to get you pointed in the right direction.

Are you knowledgeable about this stuff already, or are you way in over your head?

Can already tell this will be a great thread.

Ok I'll post pics, or it didn't happen.

I know a little bit about Civil War weaponry, but don't know all the models and variants. Haven't been able to find any good sites about them. https://www.gunvaluesboard.com was somewhat helpful by looking at the pics and reading the comments below.

I need to resize my photos and take some more of the individual side plates and I'll upload them.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Top-bot

Springfield 18?? .69 42" smooth missing hammer/plate assembly, ram rod, stock rotten near tang

US .69 cal bayonet w/ locking band

Springfield 1838 .69 42" smooth "JC" engraved in stock, crack in handle repaired, new nipple missing ramrod

Springfield 1864 Watertown .58 40" rifled missing sights (f&r), foregrip, bands, ramrod

Ramrod 27 5/8" long .552 dia on ball end

*REPRODUCTION* 1863 Zouave, Replica Arms Company Ridgefield NJ .58 32.75" smooth Korea stamp on barrel,
    missing trigger spring, rear sight, and maybe some hardware
    https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...war--58cal-rifle-musket-.cfm?gun_id=100994583

US .45-70 Bayonet? "4860 1890" stamped on side of leather sheath. w/ locking band

Attachments

• muskets A resize.jpg
      muskets A resize.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 444

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Stocks.
    Top one looks like a standard Springfield musket, left side is routed out for the metal "L" shaped bracket
    Bottom two look like carbines maybe cavalry.

Middle one looks original on front, not chopped. Has "64" stamped into wood stock where barrel rests.

The bottom most one has a sliding trap door with 2 holes drilled out and touching, maybe to hold cartridge rounds either .45-70 or .50-70?
    Stock foregrip was chopped, might have the matching piece lying around.

Attachments

• stocks A resize.jpg
      stocks A resize.jpg
      23.8 KB · Views: 468
    • stocks B resize.jpg
      stocks B resize.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 434
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads