• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Was called to look at some reloading equip yesterday left to a friends neighbor. He was a retired cop and worked at a pawn shop. Well, he had a thing for reloading equip. There were numerous presses including MEC, rcbs, herters, pacific, Lyman, and lee. Boxes full of dies. One box full of just lee dies and some brand new. Dozens of lee loader hand die sets. There were sets for older rounds too such as 44-40, 32-20, 25-35 and much more. Boxes of powder throwers and scales. Amazing a man could collect so much. No powders, 200 vintage primers from the 50’s or 60’s, and a small amount of brass. I recommended he have a yard sale. I asked him to let me know if he did this and I’ll post it here if anyone is interested

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    He would probably get the most money selling them online via MDS Facebook, Craigslist or eBay if he wanted the hassle of doing it.
    If he wants less hassle he should take them to an auction house. I would look for one that does gun auctions. Alexandria auction house and Redding auction house do gun/gun accessories auctions a few times a year. I am sure others do as well but, those are the two that are popping into my head right now.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    I'd be interested in shotshell reloading gear/supplies. let me know if a sale's upcoming and I'll hit the ATM. Also looking for a couple of die sets, 22-250 and some oddballs

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If he wants just a little hassle for top $ , rent a table at a gun show .

This. Way better bang for your buck than a yard sale. I don't know what small stables go for these days, but I'd think $100 and a weekend of time, I'd imagine could get it all sold and if spends an hour or three on the internet seeing what the prices of stuff is and mark it for 75-85% of what eBay/Gunbroker selling prices are I'd bet he sells everything.

Yard sale top dollar or discount, you are going to need to get the right guys and enough of them that want all the things to get rid of it all.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Heck, post for him in the classifieds.

Look out for your fellow MDSers

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I will mention the table at a gun show, good idea. To much to photo everything. Would take days. the 303 hand dies might be there, not sure. There was a lot of them. It would take months to list it all on CL. Ill post here when he sells. He is in Pasadena.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If he's got that much maybe he could consign them to a gun store.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Pinecone, there is just too much to post here. He has yet to go thru all of it. I did mention a table at a gun show and asked him to let me know he he does that and I will post it here if goes that route.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Pinecone, there is just too much to post here. He has yet to go thru all of it. I did mention a table at a gun show and asked him to let me know he he does that and I will post it here if goes that route.

Never too much to list. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom