My Firearms Are Being Held For Absolutely No Reason. Is there anything I can do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Hire a lawyer.

I'm not a lawyer, but you might be able to get your lawyer to get a writ of mandamus issued to compel the Sheriff to do their job.

Din410

Apr 19, 2020
    Perry Hall
    Did it to me in Harco and they only wanted the regulated the lovely ex mother in law mentioned. And I filed an order against the ex first smh. Anyway after we both both dropped them it only took a few weeks no lawyer no court. Just some paperwork, phone call or 2, and a stern i better get it registered (a gift in 2012) easy enough online. Glad I put it in a case now though they were definetly fondling some other guys steel when I picked up mine right b4 covid 19.Some are understanding, pro 2A, and helpful. Hopefully all goes just as smoothly for ya.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You sir would not steal but it’s proven there are some that would murder a man on camera for the world to see, so........never say never?

If you really believe that he intended to “...murder a man on camera for the world to see”.

Well... you are welcome to your opinion.

Save your retort... I’m not interested in the debate.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I have had a lot of success in these situations getting my client's guns back quickly and with an apology. Be forewarned, I have personally seen multiple instances where sitting on this issue will result in the weapons being "accidentally" destroyed. Hire a lawyer to fire off a nastygram - it should take an hour (maybe two depending on how much factual background is required). Average hourly rate (and mine) is $250/hour so you're not talking about a tremendous amount of money.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    fwiw I know a police captain of a local force who told me he never has given back a firearm that was given over in similar circumstances. Told me he just sends them to be destroyed and tells people to sue the department if they complain and has never had any backlash. We have had many conversation about this but he won't budge. I consider him a good guy and we agree on most everything else in life. For him it's just self preservation and not wanting to be the guy who gave the guns back to a person with bad intentions. The ultimate cya I suppose.. I sincerely hope you get yours back and I would follow the advise above, document everything and nag them each and everyday taking names, certified mail etc...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    fwiw I know a police captain of a local force who told me he never has given back a firearm that was given over in similar circumstances. Told me he just sends them to be destroyed and tells people to sue the department if they complain and has never had any backlash. We have had many conversation about this but he won't budge. I consider him a good guy and we agree on most everything else in life. For him it's just self preservation and not wanting to be the guy who gave the guns back to a person with bad intentions. The ultimate cya I suppose.. I sincerely hope you get yours back and I would follow the advise above, document everything and nag them each and everyday taking names, certified mail etc...

Sorry, your friend's not a good guy. He's the worst kind of *******.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    fwiw I know a police captain of a local force who told me he never has given back a firearm that was given over in similar circumstances. Told me he just sends them to be destroyed and tells people to sue the department if they complain and has never had any backlash. We have had many conversation about this but he won't pbudge. I consider him a good guy and we agree on most everything else in life. For him it's just self preservation and not wanting to be the guy who gave the guns back to a person with bad intentions. The ultimate cya I suppose.. I sincerely hope you get yours back and I would follow the advise above, document everything and nag them each and everyday taking names, certified mail etc...

Your friend is a scumbag. This is tyrannical and Unconstitutional. I’m sure the crown is happy to employ such an agent. Willing to f*ck the people he “serves”.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo

That is complete BS and if it isn't illegal it sure as hell should be.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

Screw your friend. He's a traitor to the constitution and the laws he swore to defend. I hope karma comes to him swiftly and mightily.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

And I bet he would be one of the first to kneel, then lay down to the protesters.

Then to wash their feet.

He can kiss my a**. He is a douche.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The longer that I am in this hell hole state and hear of stories like this the harder I want to up and leave! So I will! Just got a nice property in WV! I close on the house at the end of this month! Ah the fresh smell of freedom!!!!!! The cherry on the pie is that the book of faces has offered me a job as a systems engineer! Still undecided as to whether or not I'll take that job working for the Zucc. :lol: :party29:

That being said I'll keep fighting the good fight for you guys and will donate to the cause! I'm getting older and need to think about not just my future but my children's future as well. If you value your rights and your property I urge you get out of Maryland! They don't deserve you guys! They don't deserve your hard earned tax dollars! They already have billions of dollars in budget shortfalls! Kick them where it hurts! I've got to imagine that with all of this COVID-19 nonsense they are in deep doo doo financially as they have been for a while now anyway! I hear that WV is much better for retirement too!

Send me a PM of where you went to, we might be able to organize a get together for members if we are close enough together.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

No disrespect to you, but this man is not a "good guy"... he is a petty tyrant who is ignorant of the meaning of the American values of Liberty.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    .... I consider him a good guy ....

Yeah, he's one of the Good Guys

ChildsPlay.jpg

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Your friend is a scumbag. This is tyrannical and Unconstitutional. I’m sure the crown is happy to employ such an agent. Willing to f*ck the people he “serves”.

If true, he should lose his job. That's the kind of defunding that I would support.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    That police captain needs to be fired and charged with theft and destruction of property. Not a “good guy” at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom