• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    It is the whole state. Also not unprecedented. Plenty of areas did the same during the Spanish flu. Fines up to $100 which would be $1200-1300 today.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    It's not complicated, keep it simple, Just Do It & save your money...

Yes, just do it. Do what your told. Don't question anything. The government knows best. How dare anybody think for themselves. Just go along and all will be fine.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Put up with it until November, cuz if it's safe to wear a mask, it's safe to vote at a polling center, in person

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I found that very
    un-Eastern Shore like... Has the blue plague leaked over the bridge?

Talbot's infection rate has been pretty low so their health dept and county council have been rather aggressively trying to keep it that way. I'm shall not say whether I agree or disagree with the approach, but I do know the council members have been taking a lot of heat from both sides of the aisle for their decisions. I think I'd sooner drill a hole in my head than be an elected official in the current political climate!

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Talbot's infection rate has been pretty low so their health dept and county council have been rather aggressively trying to keep it that way. I'm shall not say whether I agree or disagree with the approach, but I do know the council members have been taking a lot of heat from both sides of the aisle for their decisions. I think I'd sooner drill a hole in my head than be an elected official in the current political climate!

To dovetail on what my good friend has stated, the council has amended their current stance on mask fines. As of last week, the fine was $500 for improper wearing of masks. The kicker is that it is only enforceable upon businesses.

This is going to be a bit of a rant. Break out the bourbon and/or popcorn.

Mr. Boatbod and our families know each other pretty well. For those that don't know me, I own a restaurant in Easton. I spend about half of my day in front of a 500 degree oven or on a cook line with ambient temps running from 100-120. I'm over the masks.

I am in complete remission from radon-induced lung cancer. I lost a good amount of lung and lung capacity due to surgery two years ago. I still have monthly treatments. Point is, I am in that "special" class of "at risk".

I didn't close my business, I don't stay home. I have to carry on as normal or we will lose our entire investment and everything we own. If I can go out every day and do this, I should be able to decide if I want to wear a mask on my cook line. My staff should be able to decide if they want to work with me on MY COOK LINE.

The problem is, well, first it's illegal. Secondly, we have this heavy whistle-blower mentality, cancel culture and boycotting going on in Talbot County based on stupid shit that doesn't affect the Karen's with the loudest voices.

Anyone who has been to my place knows that you can see right in my kitchen from the counter. We can't "hide" so it's a 10 hour stint of wearing masks; and I've got breathing issues and extremely high temps to contend with. My wife is an RN and several of my best friends are MDs and I am very well apprised of what my risks are regardless of what people read on FB or hear on TV. The sad truth is that there is no downside to remaining open and interacting with hundreds of people per day. Either nothing happens or I get sick and die. I'm insured. Closing my business is a death blow to us.

So perception-wise, my customers appreciate our attention to cleanliness and safety. Almost daily someone tells me that we have the cleanest restaurant around. That's awesome and I'm glad people notice.

I know, with absolute fact, that there are restaurants in Talbot County who've had COVID infections and not told the public. They've had staff in contact with verified cases and told them to continue working. Restaurants whose employees have told them they or their spouse has been sick and the owners have told them NOT to get tested, just stay home until they feel better.

I'm not going to be the guy who rats out another business because now, more than ever, we have to help each other get through this. I will, however, not dine at those establishments where I know for a fact that their sanitation or COVID procedures are not to MY standards.

However, let's get back to the Talbot County Council. Why is it the business whose responsible for the fines? Does that mean I have to police my diners when I'm busy receiving a shipment or cooking on the line? I don't get it. It's like yet another instance of where individuals aren't responsible for their own actions but hey, let's f&*k the capitalist.

Meanwhile, the comptroller's bag carrier is going around stirring the pot about a freaking statue. Let's unpack this for a minute.

I want the Talbot Boys statue to remain in situ. It isn't for the reason that most would think. First, it is a memorial to those who lost their lives during the Civil War. However, some believe it to be a representation of Jim Crow, slavery and the Confederacy.

The one and only reason that Lenny Foxwell and his soy boys want that statue gone is so that they can attempt to whitewash the history of the Democrat Party. There is no other reason. It was their party who enslaved a race. It was their party that passed Jim Crow laws. It was their party that created and ran the KKK. It was their party who lynched, segregated and dehumanized blacks in this county. It was their party who killed and/or persecuted great black leaders.

I want it to remain as a reminder of what Democrats are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom