• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Submitted - 12 December
    Accepted - 19 December (Thanks USPS!)

I assume their 90 days to process the entire application and have an answer includes all calendar days vs business days? And that time clock starts on the day they accept it correct?

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Submitted - 12 December
    Accepted - 19 December (Thanks USPS!)

I assume their 90 days to process the entire application and have an answer includes all calendar days vs business days? And that time clock starts on the day they accept it correct?

Correct for both

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    My application was accepted 11/23. References were being called by 12/17. Today, I just received notice that it has been reassigned to someone else. Is that unusual? Not sure why that would happen.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    My application was accepted 11/23. References were being called by 12/17. Today, I just received notice that it has been reassigned to someone else. Is that unusual? Not sure why that would happen.

The original investigator may be off with Covid, or transferred out or promoted to another position.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

Not unusual at all. Mine got reassigned when they brought in a bunch of other troopers to clear out backlog this past fall.

Echo6mike, going mobile...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

In my case, the application was first assigned to the trooper that interviewed me and then my contacts (and wife), and then he bundled up his notes and sent it to LD, where it was transferred over to a different investigator who did the business record checking, etc. Two different flavors or investigation. The second guy, presumably, was the one who actually gave the thumbs up. We had some back-and-forth over paperwork which only took a few days, then the permit appeared. My renewal process seemed to go far more zippily.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks for the replies. My wife and I have still not been interviewed, but hopefully that happens shortly. One of my references (a 40 year long HS friend) texted me that he spoke to the trooper. This was the rest of his text: "How much weed did you used to smoke? I'm not sure I got that right."

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the replies. My wife and I have still not been interviewed, but hopefully that happens shortly. One of my references (a 40 year long HS friend) texted me that he spoke to the trooper. This was the rest of his text: "How much weed did you used to smoke? I'm not sure I got that right."

:lol:

Enquiring minds want to know, how much was it?

Seriously though, if it was years ago no big deal. If you were getting baked last week that might be a problem.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Interview with Sergeant today.

Why do you want permit?
    What's your DOB? How old does that make you?
    What's your SSN?
    Are you married or single?
    How many alcoholic drinks do you have in a month?
    Have you taken illegal drugs? (He didn't use the word illegal, but something like that.)
    What kind of gun will you carry?

It took less than 5 minutes. He then let me know that he needed 3 months of bank statements with business name on it. They don't have to be consecutive. I'm pretty sure I already included it in my application submission, but I wasn't going to argue. He said the faster I got it to him the faster he could complete the process. I emailed the statements immediately.

DirtyDena

Jan 4, 2021
    Good & Substantial Reason

The people who were approved for a permit, did you only utilize the G&S text box in the application form? I would prefer to illustrate my point on a professional letterhead versus a tiny text box. I was thinking of possibly uploading a letter with the additional “supporting documents” and also copying and pasting directly on the form. Thoughts?

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    The people who were approved for a permit, did you only utilize the G&S text box in the application form? I would prefer to illustrate my point on a professional letterhead versus a tiny text box. I was thinking of possibly uploading a letter with the additional “supporting documents” and also copying and pasting directly on the form. Thoughts?

Sometimes, less is more.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Sounds like the keyword to get a gun permit in MD is transferring money for your business. Do they validate your business during the interview or application?

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Hey guys, this question may have come up in the past but I didn’t see it.
    If my wife owns her own business and I obviously have to play a significant roll in the business being her spouse. Would MSP accept that as good and substantial if I provide evidence of deposits and such or do I need her to add me to the LLC as a partner?

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Hey guys, this question may have come up in the past but I didn’t see it.
    If my wife owns her own business and I obviously have to play a significant roll in the business being her spouse. Would MSP accept that as good and substantial if I provide evidence of deposits and such or do I need her to add me to the LLC as a partner?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Adding you as an owner would get both of you unrestricted permits. If she as owner writes a letter requesting you be armed while working for her, you would get the permit, but with "employee" restrictions: "Between home and work and while conducting on-site or off-site business for" her company.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Adding you as an owner would get both of you unrestricted permits. If she as owner writes a letter requesting you be armed while working for her, you would get the permit, but with "employee" restrictions: "Between home and work and while conducting on-site or off-site business for" her company.

That’s what I was figuring. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom