• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This application process is very difficult for someone that is not good with computers . I am pulling my thin gray hair out . Finally figured out in the livescan section they want a Number and i just plugged in Renewal in the place of and it accepted it

Now i can't get my Passport Pics the correct size 600 x 600 pixels in a PDF or Jpeg file i am screaming over here .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This application process is very difficult for someone that is not good with computers . I am pulling my thin gray hair out . Finally figured out in the livescan section they want a Number and i just plugged in Renewal in the place of and it accepted it

Now i can't get my Passport Pics the correct size 600 x 600 pixels in a PDF or Jpeg file i am screaming over here .

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    For all who have successfully received the HGP as business owners, what questions can I expect from the State police interview? My references were contacted and I'm hoping my call is coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For all who have successfully received the HGP as business owners, what questions can I expect from the State police interview? My references were contacted and I'm hoping my call is coming soon.

You'll answer more questions that get at your drinking habits, temperament, and daily life than you will about your business (presuming you've provided all of the necessary business-related docs with your application).

Don't ramble or offer conversation that isn't explicitly asked for. Just keep it simple. If you're married, expect a call to your spouse, as well.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    You'll answer more questions that get at your drinking habits, temperament, and daily life than you will about your business (presuming you've provided all of the necessary business-related docs with your application).

Don't ramble or offer conversation that isn't explicitly asked for. Just keep it simple. If you're married, expect a call to your spouse, as well.
    Cool, no issues with any of that. I provided just a little bit more than was required of receipts and bank statements. Thanks.

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    I just got my wear and carry permit card in the mail first week of March after applying right before Thanksgiving. I used the Federal Employee with a security clearance category, and everything was pretty easy peasy minus that they wanted to talk to and verify with my security manager my clearance level and employment status, which he already wrote a memorandum of record for. That guy is the most inaccessible person at work, so it was held up for 2 weeks while the investigator and security manager phone tagged each other, and both of them were emailing me to bitch about the other the entire time.

Interview focused almost completely on questions about alcohol and deviant behavior; do you drink your dog, beat your alcohol, etc.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012

Mid-March, 2021 - I was asked to send in bank statements even though i had included them in my original submission. When i emailed those to the female officer I received a call within minutes for my interview (this might've been on a Friday afternoon.) It was casual, & along with the usual questions already detailed on this thread I was asked what my business was, where it was, what financial instruments did i carry, & why did i feel that all of that warranted an hgp. i said that i wanted an hgp to help protect my business & financial resources (same verbiage i used on my app). She didn't comment on my business being a consultancy, worked from home, and that most of my financial business is electronic & hadn't involved much travel over the last year. She did ask how long i had been in business (3 years - even though she had that info from my md secstate business filing certificates) She was pleasant, businesses-like, & not at all judgy. She said that all my references had been checked (even though no one ever told me they'd been contacted). She said my app would then be passed along to the approval person & i would receive any email to go into my profile & check the status. That happened within about 7 days & i had my no-restrictions card in wallet within another 5 days or so. I didn't act like a 2a *******, & she didn't act like a md gun control liberal. Whether we both were or not.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Mid-March, 2021 - I was asked to send in bank statements even though i had included them in my original submission. When i emailed those to the female officer I received a call within minutes for my interview (this might've been on a Friday afternoon.) It was casual, & along with the usual questions already detailed on this thread I was asked what my business was, where it was, what financial instruments did i carry, & why did i feel that all of that warranted an hgp. i said that i wanted an hgp to help protect my business & financial resources (same verbiage i used on my app). She didn't comment on my business being a consultancy, worked from home, and that most of my financial business is electronic & hadn't involved much travel over the last year. She did ask how long i had been in business (3 years - even though she had that info from my md secstate business filing certificates) She was pleasant, businesses-like, & not at all judgy. She said that all my references had been checked (even though no one ever told me they'd been contacted). She said my app would then be passed along to the approval person & i would receive any email to go into my profile & check the status. That happened within about 7 days & i had my no-restrictions card in wallet within another 5 days or so. I didn't act like a 2a *******, & she didn't act like a md gun control liberal. Whether we both were or not.
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

They ask the questions to confirm what you have submitted, its SOP. They would love to catch someone in a lie to deny them a permit.

nugi

Apr 26, 2021
    Question, I collect and deposit cash & checks as a deacon at our assembly chapel - any experience with MSP's views on church (non-business) related cash transporting for CCW?

(FWIW, the priest and other leaders are supportive...

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Question, I collect and deposit cash & checks as a deacon at our assembly chapel - any experience with MSP's views on church (non-business) related cash transporting for CCW?

(FWIW, the priest and other leaders are supportive...

IMHO if, big IF you could obtain a permit it would be under an employee working for the church. Restrictions would be applied to your permit to say while carrying deposits for the Church.

Nobody

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , that is a indeed a thing .

Yes , letter from ( Preacher , Board of Directors, whoever in charge * Requesting * you to be armed .

Language of" Valid while conducting business as Deacon for XYX Church " .

OR , there is a relatively new catagory of" Private Organization Security Team Member " .( Think Church Security , but in neutral language that also includes non- secular non profit organizations ).

Language would be " Valid while performing Security Team duties for XYZ Org " .

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    permit officially turned in under business owner, will keep my dates updated to let everyone compare... I have seen that times have been becoming shorter to around 2 months now, so fingers crossed...

application submitted - monday 5/3

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    permit officially turned in under business owner, will keep my dates updated to let everyone compare... I have seen that times have been becoming shorter to around 2 months now, so fingers crossed...

application submitted - monday 5/3

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    My brother submitted app as a business owner on 4/5/21 and had his interview today. Trooper asked for additional docs which he provided instantly and he was approved 5/5/21 and is awaiting his card in the mail.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    My brother submitted app as a business owner on 4/5/21 and had his interview today. Trooper asked for additional docs which he provided instantly and he was approved 5/5/21 and is awaiting his card in the mail.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

stop... i can only get so excited lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom