Reassigned: 5/4
    References: 5/6
    Interview: 5/10
    Assigned: 5/25
    Approved: 6/29

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    its finally ok'd

application submitted - 5/3, application accepted - friday 5/7, assigned to investigator - 5/16, references contacted - 5/17, reassigned to new investigator - 5/21, phone interview - 5/26

Approved- 7/12

finally got the news ive been waiting for!!! 65 long days from acceptance to approval,

now the excruciating wait on the US Postal Service...

Crowbar

Apr 11, 2020
    Please read: This thread is intended as a living document so that we can collect any and all information surrounding the application process and keep up with any changes that may occur along the way. The first set of replies will be reserved for future use, so when this Title pops up as a thread. Allow us time to get some information in order.

Thank you for you patience.

As of now PLEASE Post a reply with any information you may have about the permit application process.*

*PLEASE refrain from posting any information you are not sure of.
    Just because your cousin Zeke told you his neighbor said it, does not necessarily make it true.

Verified information will be updated on an ongoing basis. Be patient.

Topics of interest:
    Finger printing / Live SCAN / CJIS
    Photos
    How to fill in pages and lines on the Application Form
    Link to the Application Form
    Updates and Changes to the Process as things unfold

NOTE 3-7-2012: as of this time, if you can afford it, MSI suggests submitting an application. DO NOT use your rent money or try this if you are having trouble paying your bills. Your money may be "held" for a while, worst case scenario, you could lose the amount and not get a permit..worst case.
    *If you do no apply immediately, but have some spare change, consider donating to MSI so we can push this issue over the top of the mountain and care for the politics, public education and any other necessities that may arise.
    Donate here: http://marylandshallissue.org/joindonate-now/
    I have applied and recieved my MD. CCP. I went the Private Investigator (P.I.) route. I week class through Train To Aim in Glen Burnie.

Submitted DD-214, business transactions along with tax statements to MSP Registration.

Recieved my MD CCP with NO RESTRICTIONS.

Also applied for and recieved my VA and Utah licenses which allow me to carry across the rest of the country. Except New Jersey. Who cares about New Jersey.

Crowbar

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    the wait is over

final dates and wait time are below for my application submitted under business owner... 67 days in total from app accepted to card in hand. (Also my business and residence are in PA, so its still possible for anyone)

5/3- application submitted
    5/7- application accepted
    5/16- assigned to investigator
    5/17- references contacted
    5/21- reassigned to new investigator
    5/26- phone interview
    7/12- application approved
    7/14- card in hand, unrestricted

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I have applied and recieved my MD. CCP. I went the Private Investigator (P.I.) route. I week class through Train To Aim in Glen Burnie.

Submitted DD-214, business transactions along with tax statements to MSP Registration.

Recieved my MD CCP with NO RESTRICTIONS.

Also applied for and recieved my VA and Utah licenses which allow me to carry across the rest of the country. Except New Jersey. Who cares about New Jersey.

Crowbar

You might want to do some more research on that. I got this map from concaledcarry.com showing where you can carry with MD, VA, & UT. While I share your disdain for the evil News (Jersey & York, who would ever want to go to either one) you might care about PA. Since you now have your home state permit pick your favorite PA county (Adams & York are good, and close) then download their form and fill it out. They might also want a picture of your MD license, mail all that to the county sheriff. You'll get a letter telling you to "bring this letter & $20" to the county courthouse to pick up your PA LTCF. They take your picture and print your License to Carry Firearms and hand it to you while it is literally still hot off the press. It will take you longer to find a parking place. Almost like America.

Attachments

• carry.jpeg
      carry.jpeg
      23.4 KB · Views: 479

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    You might want to do some more research on that. I got this map from concaledcarry.com showing where you can carry with MD, VA, & UT. While I share your disdain for the evil News (Jersey & York, who would ever want to go to either one) you might care about PA. Since you now have your home state permit pick your favorite PA county (Adams & York are good, and close) then download their form and fill it out. They might also want a picture of your MD license, mail all that to the county sheriff. You'll get a letter telling you to "bring this letter & $20" to the county courthouse to pick up your PA LTCF. They take your picture and print your License to Carry Firearms and hand it to you while it is literally still hot off the press. It will take you longer to find a parking place. Almost like America.
    Nowadays you can load a picture of your DL, HGP and pay for your PA permit online. They approved mine in less than a day.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Application Approved

60 days from application acceptance--

Submitted 5/16
    Accepted 5/19
    Assigned Investigator 5/25
    At least one reference interviewed 5/28
    Assigned New Investigator 6/3
    At least one more reference interviewed 6/9
    Phone Interview w/Investigator 6/16
    Application "Approved" e-mail received: 7/19

---and the beat goes on...

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Received my final disposition email this morning, here’s my timeline:

5/16: Application Submitted for Review
    5/19: Application has Shortages (had to sign scoring sheet from training qualification).
    5/21: Application Submitted for Review
    5/25: Application Reassigned to New Investigator
    6/9: Direct Request email for one additional document needed (Business Owner). Also scheduled phone interview.
    6/10: Phone Interview
    6/22: Application Assigned to an Investigator
    7/21: Email received- Application Approved- No Restrictions

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

5/19: Application has Shortages (had to sign scoring sheet from training qualification).
    6/9: Direct Request email for one additional document needed (Business Owner). Also scheduled phone interview.

65 days for the process- seems like this may be the norm now, electronic payments and processing seems to have sped up the process as others noted.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    60 days from application acceptance--to approval

Submitted 5/16
    Accepted 5/19
    Assigned Investigator 5/25
    At least one reference interviewed 5/28
    Assigned New Investigator 6/3
    At least one more reference interviewed 6/9
    Phone Interview w/Investigator 6/16
    Application "Approved" e-mail received: 7/19

Unrestricted Permit in Hand: 7/22

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Updated- Card in Hand today 7/23.

7/23: Unrestricted Permit Received.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    While I love to see the messages of approved citizens, I am also saddened by the hoops we must jump through to practice a Constitutionally protected right.
    With that said, keep your feet on their collective necks MDS!
    Shall Not Be Infringed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm trying to get mine modified. Retired from the Federal Government...but I'm very publicly associated with UAV test and operations. We'll see how it goes.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    OK...MSP refused. Is an informal review worth bothering with?

Background: I was employed by the Federal Government. W&C due to clearance, and due to work on unmanned aircraft. Google my name and "UAV", and articles on me are about six of the top 10 hits. But MSP imposed the usual "while employed" restriction. I retired, requested the restriction be lifted.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    OK...MSP refused. Is an informal review worth bothering with?

Background: I was employed by the Federal Government. W&C due to clearance, and due to work on unmanned aircraft. Google my name and "UAV", and articles on me are about six of the top 10 hits. But MSP imposed the usual "while employed" restriction. I retired, requested the restriction be lifted.

Time to start a little business venture of some sort. Sell things on eBay. Make 3D printed consumer drone parts.

Chiefscs

Sep 27, 2017
    SoMd
    W&C Denial - OAH

Wanted to provide an update. You can pull up an earlier post with my info if you like. Just wanted to pass on that I had my moment in front of the judge at the Office of Administrative Hearings back on 21 May and received my "denial confirmed" notification from the OAH on 13 Aug. I work in a HQ AF Logistics position, responsible for aircraft sustainment and personnel deployment packages in a senior GS capacity. With a total of over 40 years of service, I've worked in my current organization for well over 25 years both in and out of uniform. I am also 80% disabled, sporting artificial disks and metal hardware in my back rendering me unable to run or do a whole lot of movement. My *renewal" for the carry license I had for 2 years and 363 days (rec'd two days after my b'day) has been denied. Denial was based on not having a TS security clearance -- my clearance, as are most clearances, is only SECRET. The board previously overturned the MSP denial. As we know, there is no common-sense board any more. I will tell you, the verdict provided did base the denial on the SEC vs TS clearance. Pretty unbelievable. I will be dropping my papers for retirement now so I can leave this state. Honestly, the inability to defend myself or my family hastens my retirement. Thank you MSP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom