• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    Been in MD for a few years but just moved out near Boonsboro. Looking for decent outdoor ranges, places to hunt, etc.

WillyP

Aug 1, 2020
    Welcome to Wash County. I can recommend the Isaac Walton club in Clear Spring and also the range at Greenridge State Forest of rt 68.

Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I live west of Hagerstown. For gun ranges, there's the Izaac Walton league and the North American Rod and Gun Club. I think the South Mtn R&GC is just for hunting/fishing, no range.

I used to be a member of IWL, they have nice ranges, everyone I've met has been friendly, and it doesn't seem very busy (which I liked), so I'd recommend it. Never been to NARGC, but it's more expensive and my sense (from MDS comments) is that it's stricter about what kind of weapons you can shoot and how (lot of Fudds). Now I have my own spot to hunt/shoot so I don't go to ranges.

Don't know about spots in Martinsburg area, they might be as close/closer to you than IWL. Peacemaker is probably under an hour, but they might not be taking new members.

Good luck and welcome to WashCo!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Fairplay here, zip code says Boonsboro. I shoot longer range with my buddy on a farm we hunt.

Tango down in Hedgesville WV has a show up and shoot and 100 yard range. No membership required.

Deer hunting on Private land is knowing some one. Public places are overwhelmed by central MD guys coming this way to use a rifle. I have a place we hunt near greenbriar that is useless to bow hunt after rifle the deer go so noctural from the traffic that shows up out there on the public land. You got o search long and hard for public place to hunt that pay off and probably bow hunt them before they get pressured.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Welcome to the neighborhood - also near Boonsboro here. Recommend the Izaak Walton League in Clear Spring as well.

As for Hunting, I have always found Indian Springs WMA to be a nice alternative to Greenbriar if hunting public land.

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    Thanks for the replies gents. I have 3 acres and can get by if need be to fill the freezer. My main concern right now is finding a place to do some long range shooting.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned:
    I believe if you become a member of one IWLA chapter your membership is good at all of them? I've never tried so can anyone confirm this?

Washington County Maryland Izaak Walton League of America
    12759 Independence Road
    Clear Spring, MD 21722

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Come out to Tango Down in Hedgesville WV. Less than 10 minutes from the spring mills exit off of i81.

Come say hi, I’m an RSO there some days.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned:
    I believe if you become a member of one IWLA chapter your membership is good at all of them? I've never tried so can anyone confirm this?

Washington County Maryland Izaak Walton League of America
    12759 Independence Road
    Clear Spring, MD 21722

not true

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads